Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Hotels.comUSD 31
TravelocityUSD 31
Orbitz.comUSD 31
1,074 results
All reviews thong lor bts station balcony room recommend this hotel premier room front desk staff pleasant stay hotel staff thai food fantastic hotel wilson berm sukhumvit quarantine nutty thailand ploy
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 August 2011

How did I know about this hotel? Well, I had found it after a couple hours of internet search for a good but reasonably priced place in Bangkok and finally chose it because of its good reviews on tripadvisor.

I booked it one night before my arrival and was actually not really sure if this last minute booking would work out, as I already had problems with that in other hotels.
No problems. When I came there the staff immediately carried my suitcase upstairs and led me to my room, which was gorgeous. I stayed in hotels like the Marriott, Hyatt and so on all over the world, but none of those was so beautifully and lovely decorated as the rooms in the Salil Hotel.
Of course this is a matter of taste, for some this colourful vintage style might be actually too overloaded, I definitely loved it. Plus the room had a very nice wooden floor, which I consider as kind of rare as most hotels have either tiles or rugs.

The bed was amazing to sleep in and the bathroom was even equipped with a bathtub which I found quite luxurious.
I have to say that the room was a little small, which did not bother me at all as I was alone anyways. It came with a cute little balcony btw.

Also the room was equipped with a flatscreen TV (that I never used, so I can't tell about its quality) and free wireless internet. This actually was the only thing I have to criticize: The free wifi is promoted as high-speed and I really depended on it - in the end it did not work once, which I found quite frustrating because this was a major reason because I had decided to pick the hotel.

The staff was very friendly though when I complained - unfortunately nothing changed.

Breakfast was a rather big buffet of different dishes, mostly Asian cuisine though. I sticked with omelets (which are made right in front of you as you like to have them), toast and jam, cornflakes and fresh fruits.

The hotel had an awesome pool and facilities like a gym and sauna (I only read about the last two ones), unfortunately I was sick, so I could not try those out. Anyways the pool was always very clean, very blue and very tempting when I walked by it.

Speaking of walking: Everything is in walking distance of this hotel. There is a gorgeous Italian restaurant right across the street, the BTS Skytrain station 3 minutes away, laundry, coffeeshops, boutiques and so on very very close. And if something is further away, the hotel provides a free tuk-tuk service or will call you a taxi immediately.

All in all I would definitely recommend this place, except for the lacking internet I enjoyed my stay very much.

Date of stay: August 2011
1  Thank SailingVenetian
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I had booked directly with the hotel and taken the 'Smooth Package' as advertised on its website. I was promised complimentary transport from the Swarnboomi airport to the hotel on the date of my arrival. I had infomed the hotel about the flight details and the time of my arrival and followed the clear instructions given about the waiting area for pick up. However, I failed to notice any waiting transport and called up the hotel to enquire. I was promised an immediate response but despite waiting for nearly 30 minutes no one called back. When I called back the hotel again I was told to take a taxi and proceed to the hotel. I was promised that the hotel will reimburse the taxi fare. Upon arrival when I expressed my displeasure as I had to spend nearly an hour and half at the airport waiting for the hotel transport to arrival. The staff present apologized but seemed to know nothing about my problem. Quite obviously, there appeared to be some miscommunication amongst the staff. When I pressed for the reimbursement of taxi fare, i was told that the hotel would do that. However, while checking out, the hotel staff refused to honour the commitment which had earlier been made.

While I decided not to argue any bit longer about the small amount involved, I felt quite shocked by the unprofessional and I should also say, dishonest' attitude of the staff involved. I have never come across an incident like this before.

I would advise others to be cautious in future. There are several other good hotel options available in the area. The hotel rooms feel quite cramped with no proper place to stack the luggage. The corridors are also quite noisy at night.

Date of stay: August 2011
7  Thank Sunil K
Reviewed 12 August 2011

If you don't know Bangkok at all, you might miss this hotel. Very neat little hotel, staff are always polite and welling to help. There is a free schuttle service from the airport to the hotel, which is a big help. The taxi service at the hotel is fairly cheap. There is a Tuk Tuk service to the MRT. Walking distance to various shops

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank steven00707
Reviewed 10 August 2011

This small hotel is located in Sukhumvit Soi 55. It is a 10 - 12 mins walk to the Thonglor BTS. There is not much nearby but it is quiet and peaceful.

The breakfast is tasty and there is always something new every morning. The fitness centre is just a tiny room 3 simple cardio machines.

The room is quite small but very clean. There is also a small balcony in every room. The wifi signal is not very strong and pretty slow. Overall it is a good choice given its price.

Date of stay: July 2011
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We only stayed here a short time, but enjoyed our stay. The room was tiny, but we didn't really spend much time in there. Staff was very nice. The hotel was a short walk to the Thong Lo skytrain station, but there is a free tuk-tuk that will take you there if you would like. Several very good restaurants are within walking distance too. I was glad we opted to stay a little further out of the main tourist areas so it was quieter and we were not constantly bombarded with people trying to sell us crap.

Date of stay: July 2011