“Speedy service!”

Neighbourhood: Sarn
Phnom Penh
“Speedy service!”
Reviewed 8 November 2009

A friend and I visited Loving Hut last week as part of our mission to track down the best vegan eateries in Bangkok. It was a pleasant journey down the river - even if I did feel a bit of a fraud walking through the Marriott hotel in a bid to find the Royal Plaza. Initially we thought it had relocated as we looked at the plan of the plaza - however as it is so new it's position hasn't been updated on the map. If you walk through the plaza from the Marriott and take a left at the end, following the walkway round you'll soon find it on your left. It's very white inside - a bit too bright for us, so we sat outside, which was lovely and quiet. When we arrive around 7pm we were the only customers there. There was a huge selection on the menu and we ordered several dishes. I was surprised at the speed of service - the first dishe had arrived within 5 minutes and all dishes were there in around 10 minutes. My friend loved the green curry rice and I enjoyed the fried mushrooms in an orange and ginger sauce. Our only criticism of the food was that it all tasted a bit too oily. The dessert was also delicious, especially the frozen blueberry yoghurt. Mulberry juice was the top drink that we ordered. All in all the bill was 700THB which included a special 20% discount as they're having a promotion as they're newly opened. The staff were fantastic and accommodating. I was surprised to see Loving Hut even have their own TV channel which was being shown in the restaurant. Definitely worth seeking out!

2 Thank CHILLINPhnomPenh