See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 February 2011

A Hotel that is worth staying in for.. If you want affordability and comfort then this is the hotel worth staying.. and not forgetting the NIGHT LIFE around this area. Cheap stuffs can be bought around this hotel area..

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank DonWan
Reviewed 13 January 2011

We normally go for 5 star hotels so were hesitant to go for a friends recommendation to stay at this property. We shouldn't have been so worried. And you really feel at home here. The room was spacious and clean and the location - for us - was just perfect. Breakfast (included) was good and just what we needed after a long journey.

This isn't deluxe by any stretch of the imagination but for a clean room and a good nights sleep it was perfect.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ZippyLondon
Reviewed 25 November 2010

This hotel has good large rooms & an acceptable price, staff are friendly, location is good, esp for the gay traveller. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2010

Walking into the room was like walking into the photo we saw online. It was immaculate, roomy and very well appointed! The staff were friendly and accomodating and always ready with a smile and a greeting.
Having had some very poor hotels and some average ones on our trip the De Arni was an absolute pleasure, so much so that we didn't want to leave at the end of our stay and it most certainly spoilt us for the next hotel on our trip.
We can not speak the praises of this hotel enough.
Definitely well beyond value for money.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2010

I have been living in Hua Hin Thailand for 2 years now and visit Bangkok monthly for hairdresser/shopping. I have stayed in many hotels and found a couple of favourites now which I always use. Unfortunately they were both fully booked, but I was quite pleased to find the De Arni which had everything I require when choosing a hotel .Good location, right on the doorstep of Patpong and the lovely hustle n bustle of the market stalls, bars and restaurants and of course the red light district. Only 5 - 10 mins from skytrain, then just a couple of stops and you are in the heart of the main shopping malls. The hotel is very nice with attractive lobby. Excellent staff. Friendly and helpful.
I had booked a single room. It was tiny, (literally no room to swing a cat!) looked more like a large cupboard! No mirror in room as there was no available wall space, but bathroom mirror was sufficient for my needs. I did not mind such small amount of space as I only required the room to sleep in and it had every single thing I look for and find important in a hotel room and that is.....not dated, neat, fresh and clean with good linen and comfy bed and pillow, fridge, kettle/tea/coffee, hairdryer. Decent shower.
Price was fair enough (on promotion at 990B) for such a well located very nice, clean and comfortable hotel
So far it ticked every single box. I was thinking.."yippee" I have discovered a great place to stay on my monthly visits to Bangkok.
But........I will never ever stay here again!! I have never experienced such a sleepless night at any hotel I have ever stayed in. I have never stayed in such a NOISY room.
I dont know if it is the same throughout the hotel or if it was anything to do with the fact that It was an adjoining room, but I could hear everything through the wall and I mean EVERYTHING....it was like being in the same room. I could clearly hear their telly until 2.15am! I could hear their conversations, I could hear the child, I could hear cupboards, drawers etc being used. I could even hear zips being open. closed. When they quietened down for the night, I then had to endure the noisy air con right above my head along with some sound like a pump or generator? Not sure what it was, but it drove me mad!! it would go off every 20 seconds or so. Not sure where it was coming from, seemed to be the wall behind the bathroom, but it was torture!! I was so tired and had a busy day ahead of me. Could hear people leaving lift and some doors in corriders, although I suspect if it was not for all these other noises I would have been asleep and not been aware of any corrider noise.
Such a shame, really thought I had cracked it with this lovely hotel, but there is no way I would chance staying there again. No point in having a lovely comfy room if you cant get any sleep!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo