9,334 results
All reviewsriver viewshuttle boatbarge restaurantgrand suitefree boatchao phraya riverlarge balconyboat servicehotel boatsaphan taksinbreakfast buffetone bedroom suitetop floorexcellent hotelgreat poolwelcome drinkthe hotel offers
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Absolutely love this hotel. Our 3rd visit and it’s as lovely as the first.
Thankyou to Somthop for sorting some travel
bags for us and for offering excellent customer service-the shopping mall recommendation was well worth the visit.
Amazing breakfast and amazing food on the terrace.
See you next year!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Chrysehun04
gmchatrium, General Manager at Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Chrysehun04,

Greetings from Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok.

I would like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to send us your feedback regarding your third stay at Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok on TripAdvisor. It gives me great pleasure to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your recent stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit and hope it is not too long before your next stay at Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

The room was spacious and well-appointed. (We stayed in a one-bedroom suite and appreciated having the extra room given we were traveling with two kids.) The location was convenient--especially given it was on the river with access to the river shuttle. A wide variety of food was offered at breakfast (both traditional and Western). And the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Couldn't ask for anything more!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear luvtotravel007,

Greetings from Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok.

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at our hotel and for the high ratings you have given us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed so many elements of your time with us.

We hope it will be not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back at Chatrium Hotel Riverside.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

It's hard to believe that my last review for the Chatrium goes back to 2011. I've stayed there since but wasn't inspired to write again until now.

Here's my little story:

I do frequent business trips to SEA which include countries like Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, the Philippines and elsewhere. I always feel most comfortable in Bangkok, Thailand. Perhaps it's due to the lovable people or just the familiarity that exists with a city that has welcomed me since I was a 2 year old in the Navy back in 1975. (I'm well into my 60's now).

Over the years, Bangkok has changed (along with the rest of the word, and me). The Siam Hotel is no more and rooms no longer for for $70/week, including a driver and "personal attendant". Nonetheless, great value is still to had at the Chatrium Riverside which includes a luxury experience.

Put aside the excellent location along the mighty Chao Phraya River and easy access to the BTS rapid transit system, it's truly the staff what make the difference. Of course the professionalism of the staff starts at the top with Mr. Chatchawan Napawan who is the Resident Manager.

Of the years Mr. Chatchawan has become a trusted friend to my wife and I. When we had challenges during a couple of trips, he came to our aide and provided personalized attention. Some years ago, Mr. Chatchawan actually helped us to get an expensive professional camera back from a taxi driver that was not being at all cooperative.

This level of service can salvage a trip that might be going awry. For example, In December of 2017, I was on an extensive business trip throughout Vietnam and the Southern Philippines. I was ready to start my long trek back to Las Vegas when a bad flu kicked in. I was very sick and realized that I could not make the trip. Unfortunately, I didn't feel that I would heal well where I was so I took a short flight to Thailand and booked a room at the Chatrium. I spent most of my three days in bed but was very comfortable with the excellent food, service and a great bed. A very nice local doctor helped out by giving me a few useful prescriptions and some common sense advice. I was ready for the long trip home in 3 days. Sad to say that Mr. Chatchawan was busy with management responsibilities (I think he got a promotion) and I didn't get a chance to catch up with him this time. Perhaps on my next trip.

The other reviews will tell you about the beautiful suites, the great location and wonderful at the Chatrium but I wanted to share another side of the experience which makes this hotel a special destination for me personally.

Room Tip: Make sure you are facing the river. It's quiet and a great view.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank jkilthau
gmchatrium, General Manager at Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear jkilthau,

Greetings from Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok.

It is so wonderful to read through your kind review and receiving all the positive comments of your experience at Chatrium Hotel Riverside as well as your personal endorsement of Khun Chatchawan, who works tirelessly in assisting all our guests with any inquiries they might have while inspiring all his colleagues to positively impress our guests with the famous Thai hospitality and make each persons stay a truly remarkable experience.

We hope it is not too long before we can enjoy the pleasure of your company once again on your next Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok visit.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Wonderful hotel in a great location on the Chao Phraya River. The rooms are large and well appointed and have fridge, stovetop and microwave, free wifi . Free hotel boat connects to public system. We booked tours at concierge of the Grand Palace, Old Canal , Wat Pho one day and the Floating and Train Market with Amazing Asia Tours Company, with Anut, the tours were phenomenal. Highly Recommended !!

Room Tip: We booked a grand room, king size bed with a river view
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank craigsearle

Dear craigsearle,

Greetings from Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok.

May I say how much I deeply appreciate you considering us a good choice among the hundreds of hotels available in Bangkok and it was our pleasure to be of service to you during your trip to Thailand.

I am especially pleased to hear that you enjoyed all your tours recommended by our concierge team.

We hope this is not your last visit to our hotel as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to Bangkok.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

The hotel rooms are huge and the staff are very friendly. We had a wonderful stay for 4 days in Bangkok and recommend this hotel everyone because of the good location, the pool and the great view! With the free boat service you get easily to the heart of the city.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Stefanie V,

Greetings from Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok.

Thanks for choosing Chatrium Hotel Riverside and review your stay on TripAdvisor. We are more than delighted to know that you enjoyed your time with us and highly appreciate your feedback as well as your recommendation of our hotel.

We truly appreciate your custom and hope on your next visit to Bangkok we may have the pleasure of welcoming you once again to Chatrium Hotel Riverside.