“Amazing and Different”
Review of Gaa

Gaa
Ranked #767 of 12,617 Restaurants in Bangkok
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I’m very lucky I have been to some amazing restaurants over the years celler con roca Etxebarri Fat Duck to name a few ... and so when you go to a restaurant that’s fusion and very expensive for the city you’re in but not when compared to those types of establishments... you go with some hesitation... obv Gaggan is the famous one and the chef I believe used to work there as well as Noma.

However the food was just plain wonderful ... the thing I liked about it more than anything was the use of produce in season.. the first course was a local plum ? Soup ... said plum is only in season for 6 weeks of the year added to it was cheese made that morning ... the whole thing just zinged

Betel leaf cooked in duck fat just oozes Duck flavour I could go on and on with every course it was just delicious.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited Gaa during our recent trip to Bangkok. If you enter ChitLom road, walk about 800m, you will see a Gaggan sign, turn right. Gaa is located opposite of Gaggan, it's more illustrious sister restaurant.

We went for the 10 course dinner (2200 baht) and 5 juice pairing option (900 baht). As we are quite quick eaters, we finished our meal in 2 hrs.
Service was excellent, a small table has been setup to receive arriving guests, so looks like all the feedback online has been actuoned upon.

During our 10 course meal, about 6 different staff presented the food and explained what was served. The juices served were very unique and goes well with the courses. Best items for us was the grilled baby corn from Chiang Mai and grilled pork ribs, sous vide for 16 hrs and topped with shallots, coriander and promegrante.

Would have given it a 5 star rating if the 2 courses of dessert matches up to the earlier courses. Although good by itself, felt it needs more work.

Would recommend the restaurant if you are looking for something different and a dining experience that is memorable.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Having tried Gaggan when it first open, I had a high expectation of this place. After all Chef Gaggan is also an investor in this place. GAA advertises itself as mix of Indian and Thai flavors. I would say it represents it well in terms of the execution and freshness of ingredients used, but don't expect ingredients use to be expensive - they are all cheap local produce (not in a bad way).

I tried the 14 course. My favorites were the 1.) Chilled Soup of Marian Plum, 2.) Chicken Liver, 3.) Khanom La Grouper, 4.) Burnt Coconut Sugar Ice Cream

I did not find much indian flavors except for in one dish, which is the cauliflower bread and the chocloate leaf desert. I do wish they Incorporated more of indian spices and meats in the menu.

Some of the dishes were trying too hard such as the Grilled Potato Mochi, I did not think it fit the menu. Savoury Betel leaf was interesting in the first bite, did not continue to impress. Pork Rib was a bit pink and on the very fatty side - but taste wise was good. The crayfish was slightly overcook, and the cracker thing on the bottom was too hard - which didn't complement the crayfish well. Banana Bread - desert was interesting concept, but didn't wow with the taste (another dish that tried too hard). Burnt coconut sugar ice cream was good but shouldn't have the pork floss (trying to be too creative).

Again, the taste were all over the place, food is not focused enough. Cooking isn't consistence in regards to the high price they are charging and cheap local ingredients they use.

Lots of rooms for improvement, the concept is there but needs more work. It could be good. But try Gaggan first, its on a different level of cooking compare to GAA.

Service is excellent, and cocktail drinks are also very good.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We usually don’t visit many formal restaurants on trips to Bangkok and stick to street foods and smaller local places. After reading an article about this restaurant we had to try it on this trip. We ( party of 6) ordered the 14 course tasting menu with wine pairings. The presentation of each dish was beautiful. Pairings complimented each as well. The food was unique and flavorful. The staff provided excellent service and an explanation for each dish served. The price for this meal is less than half of what one would pay in the states. Unforgettable experience.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Best restaurant we had been to so far.. Every dish was amazing and the flavors simply ignited in our mouths! Warrants a return visit for sure!