1,670 results
All reviews ariyasom villa david lees boutique hotel busy bangkok international hospital bumrungrad hospital bustling city lovely pool rooms are beautiful crazy city small hotel our honeymoon traditional thai thai massage studio room the river long flight
Reviewed 21 July 2016

This place is amazing. It's surrounded by a garden so when you are inside all you can hear are bird calls and water trickling. The building is a blend of classic colonial architecture with modern design. Breakfast is amazing and the eggs come from free range chickens in one of the gardens. The pool is great. The price is very reasonable considering how great the place is. I hope to one day come back!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2016

Very comfortable hotel in a garden setting, with friendly and thoughtful staff. A few minutes from the highway that goes to the airport (so no need to sit in city traffic), not far from the SkyTrain (about 8-10 minutes’ walk, although not recommended with a lot of baggage), and close to a canal boat stop. Rooms are large, well-appointed, and nicely decorated. Good WiFi. Nice pool (big enough for some actual swimming). Good selection at breakfast.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 21 July 2016

Family stayed for 2 nights. This is a nice hotel...more boutique style, nice location, nice staff, designed more to be an "oasis" in an urban jungle. Owner came to us at breakfast...nice guy. Staff all very nice. Rooms were comfortable; free mini bar (nice); fast wifi.

Rooms were a little weird for me. Needed a machete to fight off the landscaping to get to my kids room. No separate WC (to me super important). No real window in the room...a sort of frosted glass window in just the bathroom so the room was dark. The front porch...covered in landscape wasn't really usable. The pool area looks great...but it's in the middle of the city and it was really loud (far from an oasis and I'm used to noise...from NYC). Breakfast was ok...to be expected...but it's veggie...and the veggie bacon to this family of carnivores simply made us laugh and then cry a little inside.

Overall, a nice hotel...but DivaFamily usually goes more for the glam...this just wasn't it for us...a personal thing. Not a #1 in Bangkok for us. That being said...I can totally see how others would fall in love with the place in this crazy city.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank 5StarDivaFamily
davidlees, Owner at Ariyasomvilla, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2016

Dear Divafamily!!

Thanks for coming to stay and for your review. TA rankings don’t really indicate which is the best hotel in any location. The products are just too diverse. It really indicates that the hotel is doing well in its category and is appreciated in its market.

AriyasomVilla is a very small hotel ( just 24 rooms) based around an authentic 1942 Bangkok Villa – we aim the give a taste of Thailand and Thai hospitality.

We are certainly not “glam” but there are many big 5 star hotels in BKK that have that glamorous appeal. I’m not really sure how you managed to find yourselves in AriyasomVilla – for a family that likes Glam and is carnivorous – we are very much Veggie with seafood.

Regarding the room – you were in a downstairs room and the whole front is windows. Yes the tropical landscape sometimes seems about to take over. But this lush tropical planting really adds charm to the whole hotel.
Yes we have the canal bus boats going past the hotel but I certainly wouldn’t say it was noisy – yes there’s noise but then you’re in the middle of a major Asian City – perhaps you’d have preferred a big high rise hermetically sealed tower.

Anyway, thanks for coming and hope you enjoyed your Asian adventure.

With very best regards

David

Reviewed 18 July 2016

Myself and my husband only stayed two nights but we had a wonderful time. On arrival we were greeted by welcoming staff who helped us with our luggage. We had been upgraded to a gorgeous room with a balcony overlooking the pool area, the room was very modern with lovely wood flooring and a luxury feel to it. Felt clean and well presented and the bed was very comfy.We loved the bathroom, rose petals in the bath and many other little touches that made us feel special. The staff even made sure we had mosquito spray and equipped the rooms with some incase. Free drinks in the room and also coffee/tea facilities. My husband had been in contact with the hotel to arrange a candlelit meal with all the trimmings, after dinner I was presented with a little black box and some rather amazing diamonds! The hotel really went to town and make sure we had a great evening! My husband pre-ordered the food as we arrived late. Neither of us are vegetarians but we didn't miss the meat as the fish was very tasty. The chocolate tart was also extremely good! At breakfast again we were made to feel special, we met the owner who was very helpful and made us feel at home. The breakfast variety was very good, I had the home made museli and yoghurt, the ingredients are all organic and you could certainly tell. We had a couples massage on our second day which helped relax us for the rest of our Thailand adventure. The location is good to get to the Sky Train, not far to walk and the hotel is only about 30 minutes from the airport (traffic permitting). Would definitely go back should we ever visit Bangkok again! Thank you to the owner and staff for a memorable stay.

Room tip: Pool views!
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rachael C
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

After reading many reviews on TripAdvisor, I decided to stay at this hotel. When I took a taxi to the hotel, the way to the hotel is small and flooded. Plus, while checked in, one staff (but she said she is the owner) talked very bad and very impolite to us. We had 4 small kids and wanted to stay in one room and she said she didn't allow us to stay even I pay for extra bed but if I pay for one more room which is not a connecting room, she allowed us to stay in this two rooms or in one room. But it is the same as I have to leave one room. After we argued, she want us to pay a lot more to stay in one room but it's still a small room that we can only add one extra bed. Whatever, we can afford but the way she treated us was very bad and racial. Finally, we have to move out. Not recommended!

Trip type: Travelled with family
21  Thank Vanrath P
davidlees, Owner at Ariyasomvilla, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2017

Dear Vanrath P

Thanks for your review.

I have to say that I disagree strongly with almost everything that you have stated.

The basic issue was about the number of guests we allow in one room. The category that you had reserved allows 3 pax per room – not double this!

So the issue was that you demanded to use the room with 6 pax and our hotel rules state only 3. This is clearly stated on our Booking.Com page through which you booked

My senior rooms manager dealt with you and I strongly defend her in the way that she handled you. She had to become firm and serious ( but never rude) when faced with your aggressiveness and assertiveness!

Despite trying to placate you –you were not open to any alternatives – in the end we even found you another hotel.

I strongly resent and refute your allegation that we are racist – we deal with over 65 nationalities every year and have never had an allegation of this nature.

We try every way to take care of our guests but some things are just not possible - having too many guests in one room is one of these.

Sincerely