“Tomahawk Steak Dinner”

New York Steakhouse - at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok
Reserve with OpenTable
New York Steakhouse - at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 12,999 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: USD 16 - USD 94
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Nana
Description: The New York Steakhouse at the JW Marriott Bangkok provides the prefect venue for a special meal. This restaurant,located on the hotels' second floor mezzanine, represents the best of the great American steakhouses.The finest fresh chilled, USDA certified, grain fed, Angus beef is served. Aged to perfection, it is cooked precisely to order. Different cuts and types of Prime beef from around the world with your choice of sauces and sides are featured. Try the Australian Wagyu Tomahawk Steak for two.Traditional appetizers like Clam Chowder, Shrimp Cocktail, House-smoked Salmon and Caesar Salad are popular starters. Dessert vary from Baked Bomb Alaska and New York Cheesecake. There is also a selection of fresh seafood delicacies, as well as some traditional non beef dishes. The wine list is massive and impressive; a full range of cocktails is offered, great Martinis.Opening Hours: 18:00 - 22:30 Reservations: Highly recommended Dress Code: Smart casual (no slipper).
Reviewed 23 July 2016

This was one my earlier visits this year to the New York Steak House at the J.W. Mariott in Bangkok, Thailand.

It was excellent. From the meal, service and ambience, it is the place to go if you want to enjoy excellent service.

Highly recommended business hotel restaurant.

Date of visit: January 2016
2  Thank Leonard F
JDSPIRA, Manager at New York Steakhouse - at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2016

Dear Leonard F,

The 5 out of 5 rating is greatly appreciated!
Thank you for taking your time to write up your thoughts after dining with us here at New York Steakhouse. Khun Rose, restaurant manager is delighted to read your review and she has shared this with her team!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed 23 July 2016

I had a meal for two on invitation by my host. The food selection, ambience and service level was first class. My host had ordered a special meal for me and my son.

Each course was very well coordinated and served in a very professional manner. I would go again and again for a meal.

The wine, food, ambience and service was first class.

My son and me had a very memorable night. . We had an appetiser, salad, sorbet, two main servings of a main course and a mind blowing desert.

Their salads, cheese and wine selection are all well defined and reasonable.

Good place to take your loved one to for an amazing dinner.

Date of visit: May 2016
JDSPIRA, Manager at New York Steakhouse - at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2016

Dear Leonard F,

Wow! This is the kind of review we love to read on TripAdvisor!
You gave all the great reasons to visit our New York Steakhouse, from the selection of dishes to the service.
Khun Rose, restaurant manager is very happy to read your review and me too! :-)

We are looking forward to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

K.muay and k.fang took a good care of us on our 4th anniversary. Good taste, decoration and service. I will definitely come back again.

Dear Keykikey,

I am delighted to read that you and your partner choose to dine with us on such a special occasion. Congratulations to the both of you!
Khun Muay and Khun Fang are also very happy to see their names here on a 5/5 star review on TripAdvisor. Me and Khun Rose restaurant, manager are thrilled to know that our team performed well and did a good job.

We look forward to welcoming you and your partner on another special occasion again!

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

We are here to celebrate our mom's birthday. The food is really great and I'm sure this is the best Steakhouse in BKK. Thank you all staffs especially Khun Ta and Khun Mint for memorable services.

Dear Natchaponp,

Khun Ta and Khun Mint are happy to read that your mother had a memorable experience under their care. It gives me and the team at New York Steakhouse great pleasure to accommodate such a special occasion and to know that we did a good job makes it even better!
Thank you for taking your time to write this kind review and we hope to see you again in the future for any occasion, be it special or a casual dinner we will try our best to make it another memorable night for you.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 17 July 2016

I am a regular steak eater and am constantly on the lookout for new Steakhouses to try. I measure the quality of the Steakhouse not just by the quality of the steak but the quality of the service and ambiance as well. I am not a regular reviewer here on Trip Advisor but after eating at the NY Steakhouse several times I felt I had to spread the news. In my opinion, there is no better Steakhouse than the New York Steakhouse in the JW Marriott, Bangkok. I had dinner there last Friday night and had the pleasure of being served by Mim and Ploy. Mim has served me many times before but it was my first time to meet Ploy. Everything about Mim describes great service. This night she was both serving and watching over another new server and had her hands full but it did not stop her from making sure our meal was prepared and served perfectly. Ploy was new to me but as are all NY Steakhouse servers she carried out her job flawlessly and with great personality. When my partner told her she liked her perfume she went to the trouble to find it on the internet (local brand), and show it to her so she could find it and buy it. The steaks were perfect, as always. I had the Tournedos which are US Prime Fillets with Fried Goose Liver on top and my partner had the 365 day aged Rib Eye. Both were cooked perfectly and could not have tasted better. We also had the table-side Caesar salad which is prepared to order with the customer tasting the dressing until it is prepared exactly the way you like it. It's a great touch added to the traditional table-side preparation.

It goes without saying that I highly recommend the NY Steakhouse and hope others will find it as remarkable as I do.

Richard Cohen

1  Thank richard c
JDSPIRA, Manager at New York Steakhouse - at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

Dear Richard Cohen,

We appreciate the time you took to write us a review on our New York Steakhouse and thank you for your constant loyalty with us!
Khun Rose, restaurant manager is more than happy to read this review and she is delighted to know that her team did a great job!
Khun Mim and Khun Ploy especially are over the moon to read your review and they are more than grateful for your compliments. Excellent food, service and a memorable dining experience is what we are always thriving for and it seems like we have managed to do this!

We are looking forward to welcome you back again soon!