“Fantastic!”

Cuisines: Sushi, European, Mediterranean, Seafood, Bahamian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Silom
Description: Sumptuous seafood and river views to savour Named after the seafaring hero created by novelist Joseph Conrad, Lord Jim’s reputation for magnificent seafood is almost as well known as its namesake. Enjoying an uninterrupted view of the river, Lord Jim’s serves one of the most popular buffet lunches in Bangkok with a wide selection of seafood and international dishes on offer. For dinner, diners can choose from an à la carte or set menu. Focusing on the freshest seafood available, Lord Jim’s is particularly renowned for its sushi and sashimi dishes.A private dining room can accommodate 20 diners for lunch and 16 guests for dinner.
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Perfect lunch buffet, View, food , service, presentation,Number one at Bangkok sure,very good job...

1  Thank gcbond
There are newer reviews for Lord Jim's at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok

Reviewed 27 February 2012

if you love buffets this is the place to go. gets very busy on the weekends and some people get very aggressive about getting to the food but all round its a pretty good experience

Reviewed 26 February 2012

As a foodie who appreciates quality but wants value for money, Lord Jim's hit the nail on the head. We spent about £150 on Sunday brunch for two with Champagne but it was well worth every penny.

The buffet is huge - sprawling, even - and it's filled with the most incredibly fresh, locally sourced and artistically put together food I have ever seen (and I have been reviewing restaurants in London for over 4 years). Every dish was exquisite and being able to help yourself literally to as much as you could fit into your stomach was, frankly, mind boggling. Oysters, foie gras, seafood of every description, sushi, desserts - oh the desserts. I ate until I felt happily, wonderfully sick, piling my plate with delicate, beautiful nibbles until I wanted to cry that I was too full to physically fit anything else in.

With a free Mandarin Oriental shuttle boat and service that was pitch-perfect at every point of our visit, we will certainly go back if we're ever in Bangkok again (which we hope to do this year). Bravo Lord Jim's...

Reviewed 26 February 2012

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our buffet lunch @ Lord Jim's. It is called a seaford buffet and there are indeed vast selections of every kind of seaford imaginable. But in addition there are also meat and dairy and vegitarian selections (both hot and cold) as well as a too wonderful fflowing dessert table. Albeit this is one of the pricier lunches in Bangkok but I think the quality and vast selection of food makes it worth the price.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Cozy and comfortable. Like the ambience and service is good. a good place to have a chat and talk business.

Been to Lord Jim's at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok? Share your experiences!