“Nice Boutique Hotel”

Ranked #12 of 571 Hotels in Taipei
Sacramento, California
“Nice Boutique Hotel”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Our group enjoyed our stay at the San Want Residences, Conveniently located, just 10-15min walk to shopping area and the metro, or its easy to get a taxi to go around.
The rooms are spacious and the bathroom has big shower area and a sunken japanese style bathtub. And it has also the Toto smart toilet so everything was automatic. They use L'Occitane products in the bathroom. Room slippers are very soft and comfortable.
Staff is very attentive and friendly. Its basically one of the new hotels so the decor is nice and everything is in good condition. Would especially recommend it for business travelers cause they even have a fax/printer, mobile phone, and stationary stuff for business needs.
One thing we just didnt like, was it was drizzling and they lent us an umbrella, but during our rush we forgot one inside a taxi and we had to pay NT$540 for the umbrella which is like U$20. I think it was too much for an umbrella, but anyway it was our fault that we left it. Maybe next time they should just give out disposable umbrellas for customer use.

Room Tip: we got the studio suite and it was comfortable and spacious enough.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank LLDLee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I was on a business trip to Taipei and I stayed in this hotel for about a week. It's one of the best hotels I have ever been to, especially the service, comfort, details, good breakfast and location.

Service is the best I have ever had. Staff in hotel is very polite. Say "welcome back" when you get back to the hotel. Open the door for you when you get out of and into the hotel. After checked in, brought me up to the room, and showed me how to use the elevator with the access card, and told me which floor the breakfast area and etc is. Service at the restaurant that serves breakfast is top-notch too. Taking away the used plate and pouring more coffee are all automatic and in a timely fashion. Simply amazing.

In terms of comfort, it's very clean. I had no problem sleeping after a long day of work. I got a room facing the park. The bed is comfortable, and lots of sun light brightening up the room in the morning.

In terms of details, the washroom is very nice. Automatic/electrical toilet that open and closes the lid by itself. The toilet even provides a massage type of cleaning if you hit the button. There's a square-shaped huge hot tub. It's so huge that made me feel like I went to a hot-spring type of tub. The shampoo, shower gel, conditioner, lotion, hand soap are top notch. They provide L'occitane en Provence.

Location wise, it's only 10 minutes away from the Zhong Shan Station, there's plenty of restaurants nearby, and there are big malls right next to the station. At the back, there's a Japanese towns with lots of japanese restaurants and some taiwanese restaurants.

The only bad thing which is minor is I can hear a little bit of noise coming from another room. They were probably playing TV very loud. In addition, some 2nd hand smoke got into my room for like 5 minutes, but that's only 5 minutes out of my whole 1 week stay.

Highly recommend, and I would definitely come back for the next business travel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
hong kong
Reviewed 14 April 2012

At the sleeping time, we found that there always some loud noise from other hotel rooms. We had changed room once but the situation was the same and we had told the housekeeping about that. But they could not find out the source of the noise. Later, we found that when we closed the glass door of the shower area, it would make loud noise and some vibration to the structures. Besides, the wooden door of the room also could make loud noise.

We could not sleep well during those days.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank small c
Hong Kong
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I like this hotel very much. The people who work at the hotel are very polite. We often hear stuff like "good morning", "good evening", "welcome back", "have a nice day", "see you soon"... The workers there were all very nice and kind. They opened doors for us, and once when we did not know where our lift card was, they borrowed their lift card for us!

There are many free things there for you. For example: fruit, biscuits, drinks... you can ask for as many as you like!

The hotel is very clean and neat. There were no rubbish anywhere, and the rooms were organized neatly when we came in.

I really like this hotel!

Room Tip: If you are travelling in a familiy, I advise you not to choose a king size bed that your whole famil...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Chi Ching C
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This hotel ranks as the number one hotel in Taipei on Trip Advisor and after staying two nights on business I wonder why.

I arrived at 3:00 in the afternoon which is the designated check-in time but was told that I would have to wait as the room was yet to be cleaned. The reception staff did direct me to the lounge where I was able to relax with a coffee while waiting for housekeeping to finish their work. The décor of the San Want Residences room is very heavily influenced from Asian heritage. Heavy and busy gold and red patterns are around everywhere – carpet, curtains, wallpaper and bedspreads. Complementing the red and gold is a large amount of dark wooden furniture. Together [for me, a Westerner] this décor provides a heavy feeling rather than a light, bright and happy feeling. Having said that the room is well appointed including a novel idea of a large flat screen TV that can swivel allowing viewing from the working desk, sofa and bed.

The desk area provides plenty of power outlets, good speed internet and a good sized safe capable of taking a mid-sized laptop. Some of the furniture is showing its age as it has scratches, chips and dents. The king sized bed is nice and firm but for the two nights there I struggled to master the bedside clock attempting to set the alarm both days it never went off. The laundry service was efficient and returned all items in good order earlier than the stated time. The bathroom in the room was large and included a plunge bath, a large shower with rainforest shower head as an option and an electric toilet. The curtains spanned a complete wall but struggled to meet in the middle thus allowing light to come into the room.

The breakfast buffet was okay with not a great deal of western food but enough to fill you up for the day ahead. The staff on duty were very helpful and proactive. I was the lone Westerner in the breakfast area of the mornings of my stay and I noticed a preponderance of Japanese guests which later made sense as I had a walk around the surrounds of the hotel finding many Japanese clubs, karaoke bars and Japanese restaurants.

The fitness room is not well catered for with a couple of treadmills, a cross trainer and some free weights. As a suggestion it could benefit from the inclusion of a gym mat, a work bench, gym ball and a clock. All very low cost items but would help make the area usable. They did have an electric horse riding contraption – not sure why – it didn’t’ seem to offer much exercise – more entertainment!

I would rather stay at Le Meridien Taipei which is ranked lower than the San Want Residences in Taipei where I have stayed before purely because they have more of a western influence, the hotel seems newer and their breakfast buffet is more extensive.

Likes:
Fast internet
Friendly service at breakfast buffet
Nice spacious room
Good bed
Convenient location

Dislikes:
Limited in room dining options
Gym is under equipped