All reviewssunrise and sunsethot showerinternetnepaltrek
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on my trek back to Pokhara and it was one of the most peaceful nights I've had in Nepal. The views (even from the room) are spectacular (if it's not cloudy) and the price is right. All the food served here is organic and locally grown, including the tea/coffee​. The masala milk tea here was so great that I had about 4 cups. The hosts here are friendly and treat you like family. I wish I could've stayed longer than one night!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
anupadkh, Owner at Mystique Highland Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

We like that you have the best experience of your life... We hope to offer the same in future to your friends and family.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

As a tour operator, I have been this hotel many times with my groups and found it excellent. Rooms are fine with attached bath and hot shower, you will have great view of Himalaya from almost all part of the hotels. Owner is friendly and flexible with booking and what else do you need more!? highly recommended.

Room Tip: Room on first floor facing the mountains are great!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

We certainly love that you like our place. We shall do our best to accommodate more of your guests, friends and family.

Reviewed 16 December 2016 via mobile

I went to Astam with my friends and stayed at this resort. The accomodation is quite nice, the rooms are built such that they make a circle around the building. Its better to choose the rooms that offer a direct view of the mountains, but these will be colder than the ones that get sunlight throughout the day. Either way, prices are the same. Rooms are a bit small, but clean with an attached bathroom. Within the compound of the resort are 3 traditional typical village houses preserving the culture of the place where you can get some good photos. They also light up fire when it gets chilly in the evening and you can barbecue meat or fish if you want. The owners come here often and are quite friendly. We were a bit disappointed by the lunch we ordered, it wasn't just upto the mark, but the dinner was delicious, we had typical nepali daal bhaat. You can click good photos with the mountains in background further up in the 2nd floor.
While returning, I suggest you descend the hill along the tea gardens, and through the forest. Ask locals and they'll guide you there. It takes almost 1 hour to get to the foot of the hill, and the occasional view of the fields below are amazing. Once you reach the road, you can get jeeps to take you to Milan chok but we decided to walk as no jeeps were in view. It took us almost 3 hours and I'm glad we walked because the scenes are spectacular. The walk is alongside the Mardi river . Its a dusty road though and you'll be wise to take a mask with you.
So, all in all, I would recommend Mystique if you're looking for a good place to stay and have a quiet peaceful time.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends

We greatly love your stay. We shall see that you are comfortably taken to the realms of nature and village culture in future. Nothing decides better than your words. Thanking you many times.

Reviewed 14 December 2016

The local owner and his wife run this superb hotel. Feast on organic produce (including tea and coffee) from their own farm. The room is comfy, hot showers and vies from every angle. Excellent food.

Magnificent views, and marvelous food.

Stayed: December 2016

Yea!!! Organic is what we want our life to be. Hope to make it a better life in Astam for all of us.

Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

Rooms & Location are just OK but food is below average and very expensive. Service is basic or nil. This place is in transition from a traditional village environment to a modern built developed environment but they have lost the traditional warmth and comfort and character without having achieved the modern developed version. Web pictures are not accurate at all. . Most of the rooms are now part of a huge rough cold concrete structure, with not ever a table or chair to sit outside. It doesnt work. Really, the only thing they have lifted up are the prices. +++ Far better value close by. Give it a big miss.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
anupadkh, Owner at Mystique Highland Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Well sir, I don't know what made you to feel that way.

I don't know why don't like the mountains and hill terraces. And don't understand why you hate the path also. But nature doesn't mind what you don't like. She cares to be there no matter what we feel or do to her.

Well sir, I do agree with the service. Because we have to visit kitchen garden before prepping your food especially vegetables. We will let you know of our service when we change our mode to fast food restaurant. Until then I guess you have to wait for 30 minutes before having them at your table.

I don't agree with the pricing issue though. We are relatively cheaper than the neighbouring hotels and resorts (in restaurant and accommodation itself). In the similar location, I think, you shouldn't be worrying much about the small rise in price when considered about the vehicle charge that applies when bringing all the things up here upto our location.