Open today: 6:00 am - 9:45 pm
Review Highlights
Meditation and holistic healing course

How can I capture how wonderful this place is in only 100 characters? Initially I was impressed by... read more

Reviewed 20 November 2018
353mackenziee
via mobile
Om Family Good Yoga

I was in the last time in pkahara lakeside i saw the board of yoga class out side of om family... read more

Reviewed 29 October 2018
Milan T
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Pokhara
from USD 699.00
More Info
All reviews holistic healing hatha yoga healer happiness master tantra techniques practice session teacher body knowledge path peace massage
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I did a Hatha yoga class at Om Family and I honestly believe it was the worst class in my 8 years of daily practice. I don’t often write reviews, but I felt I needed to given the positive reviews that brought me to this place.

The teacher was impersonal and didn’t interact at all with the students before, during, or after class. The sequencing was illogical, poorly conceived and executed. She also forgot on multiple occasions to complete the same poses on the other side. Her cues were either wrong, incomplete, badly pronounced, or she simply wasn’t using the right names for poses (e.g. upward dog vs cobra). She was also doing poses I have never seen in yoga (i.e. not yoga poses); poses that put undue stress on the knees and could cause injury to beginners. She kept cuing us to complete five breaths in the poses, but only gave time for two. She also left us in an abnormally long savasana at the end of class while she was vigorously stretching her hips.

Frankly, I would be surprised if she had an actual yoga teacher certification. Perhaps as a complete beginner, these classes would suffice as a light stretch after a long trek. However, I would be worried that it would put off prospective students from yoga altogether. Lastly, a class is 750 rupees (a really good meal, or double the price of a haircut), and in my humble opinion, definitely not worth it.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 27 February 2018

The time I spent at Om Family has been a truly profound learning experience for me. I cannot feel more happy, grateful and thankful to have found Sunil and Om Family. Sunil is a fabulous and professional teacher and healer, my master and friend now. I took a 7 day Sat-Chit-Ananda program which has definitely opened my mind and body to go deeper in my spiritual path. Sunil did several healing work on me and taught me a lot of techniques so I have now my own tools to keep going on with my everyday life. Ma Avya is also a very good yoga teacher and she was so comprehensive with my own needs. Overall I feel so happy to have been in your hands for my healing. THANK YOU, LOVE AND BLISS UNCONDITIONALLY

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 7 November 2017

i had been suffering more than somewhat from over exertion , walkingwalkingwalking. i booked an hour and a half Deep Tissue Massage with the Om Family . It was a very chill experience right from the start ... The Massage Room was delightful , there was some beautiful music playing . The massage was really intense . this Lady had intuition , very strong hands and a lot of experience . She got right into the core of my fatigue . She used some Reiki techniques on me too - there was heat and deep release . At the end - I had no idea how long I had been there . The last phase was Scalp ..... very very good . Would recommend this establishment to anybody . they do a whole range of things ....if their Massage is any guideline I bet they are really great .... book ahead ...popular

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Have been to a few yoga places in Kathmandu and Pokhara and this was the one that was a great workout that made me sweat and stretch!!
The others have not been challenging at all but I really enjoyed Om family, I did the free meditation as well and it was great!!

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed 24 July 2017

My heart fills with gratitude for the time spent learning with Happy at Om Family. I happened upon the 11 am meditation on my first morning after trekking, and found Happy radiating so much joy. I was immediately inspired to do Chakra healing, soon followed by Reiki II degree and Holistic Healing courses. The time spent with Happy has opened my heart, mind, body, soul, and spirit to the infinite possibilities of love and light. The path of healing is truly beautiful, and transformation is strong. I feel blessed to be with such beautiful healers and am so supported in my own deep healing process. I have had the pleasure of working with many of Happy's students, and entered into a powerful healing connection with each person... a beautifully expanding community. Love, light, and gratitude, from my heart's center!

Date of experience: July 2017