“Friendly and relaxing oasis in Thamel”
Review of Himalayan Healers

Himalayan Healers
Ranked #13 of 66 Spas & Wellness in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We provide different types of massages, facial, body treatments and also steam and sauna bath. And we also have different affordable packages.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 18 August 2018

I've visited Himalayan Healers a few times already and plan to return several more. I am in Nepal for a long-term volunteer project, and I have very little time off. I discovered the spa through Lonely Planet and thought I'd give it a try on a rare day off. They were able to accommodate me immediately for a 90-minute Deep Tissue massage, they asked about any injuries or troubles I'd experienced and were sure to address them during the massage. The massage therapist was kind, professional and attentive, and the massage was excellent - I am someone who likes very firm pressure but hates always asking for a massage therapist to go deeper. I didn't have an of those concerns during the massage. Afterward they offered me a shower, and then I sat drinking green tea chatting to staff waiting for the rain to pass. Since then, I have tried to arrange days off that enable me to visit the spa again. And this is possible because their prices are affordable. The staff is so friendly and helpful. When I have returned on subsequent visits, they remember and we always chat. This place is truly a gem in Thamel.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"rooftop"
"trek"

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Good place to have a massage. Skilled therapist . Very relaxing. Would have been better if oil kept in a warmer to maintain consistent temperature.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

My girlfriend and I went to Himalayan Healers just the other day. I had been there before and this is definitely the place to go if one wants a good massage in the Thamel area. The rooftop environment makes one feel like they are 1 million miles away from the busyness just five floors below. We had very well done Swedish massages and found it very difficult to walk afterward because we were so relaxed. Again, the decor and simplicity of the rooftop patio is worth a visit by itself. I definitely will return next time I am in Kathmandu

1  Thank Lance12345
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Had a wonderful massage and facial here. Felt very relaxed. It has a lovely rooftop location where you can chill out. The staff are all friendly and welcoming. Great to see that this business trains and supports vulnerable women. Highly recommend it.

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Came here with a friend looking for a package at a reasonable price. It has a nice rooftop location and is relatively quiet. The man at reception was extremely welcoming and helpful. We both chose to have an ayurvedic massage and facial. Both were excellent, and I felt really relaxed and far away from the busyness of Kathmandu.

This company supports and trains vulnerable women, who are indeed very good at their job, so is definitely another reason to come here. Hope to be back!