“Anapurna Base Camp”

Gorkha Adventure
Ranked #223 of 805 Outdoor Activities in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Gorkha Adventure is a local based travel operator in Kathmandu. The company is established with long experienced trekking guide working in the Himalayas of Nepal starting their carrier in tourism industry as a porter. We are specialized in tailor made trips to fix departure in various day activities like sightseeing, day tours, rafting, bungee, mountain flight, paragliding, hiking and many more.
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

ABC is so stunning with breathtaking landscapes. We had great experiences and memories with Amish and his team. Amish took care for us very well, the porter team are so friendly, they are AMAZING! Thank you for supporting us :)

Gorkha-Adventure, Owner at Gorkha Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Dear Huynh,

Namaste! and warm Greeting from Gorkha Adventure Pvt. Ltd. in Nepal

Thank you very much for your greats review on Nepal travel including Annapurna Base Camp Trek. We are glad to know that you had greats holiday experiences with us. As always best serve to mountain hospitality in Nepal Travel. We hope to see you gain for another memorable holidays in Nepal. We believe that you do not have any hesitation to recommend us to your friends, family, relatives or any people who are interested to holidays in Nepal.

Kindest Regards

in 4 reviews
"nepal"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 16 February 2018

So to give an idea of how this trip started, I got scouted on the airport and from there on I arranged my trip. I agreed on paying 500 euros including water and accomodation ( this is a fair price for this time of the year) however since I did this all through an agency I basically paid guys who I feel did not actually do any work. Compared to my amazing guide Rajan Neupane who has delivered an amazing job.

My trip started in Thamel where I met up with my guide Rajan, as I looked for him he spotted me and we went for a drink to get to know each other. We had a good click, Rajan's English is good and his humour can get you. We agreed to meet the next morning to go to Pokhara and start our trek there. Rajan has no problem being helpful. Any questions I asked him along the way were answered from plants, to trees, height time etc. He always had an answer ready. As the trip continued Rajan knew what I needed most and always offered a hand when I did not ask for it but did need it. We became good friends along the way and I am sure we meet each other next time again. If you got any problems or things go not as planned Rajan can help you solve these issues, I lost my water bottle numerous times and time and time again I got it back thanks to Rajan's help. My buddy who got height sickness along the way was well taken care off and got all his needs fulfilled as well.
At the end of the trip I had the pleasure of meeting Rajans wife and baby and enjoy the best plate of dahl baht I have ever had.

If you want to go on a good trip with a grade a guide, Rajan is your man.

Romar

Gorkha-Adventure, Owner at Gorkha Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Dear Romar,

Namaste! and warm Greeting from Gorkha Adventure Pvt. LTD. at Nepal

Thank you very much for your wonderful review on Nepal travel including Annapurna Poon Hill Trekking. We are glad to know that you had greats holiday experiences with us. As always best serve to mountain hospitality in Nepal Travel. We hope to see you gain for another memorable vacation in Nepal. We believe that you do not have any hesitation to recommend us to your friends, family, relatives or any people who are interested to holidays in Nepal.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

Rajan guided me on the fantastic Dhaulagiri circuit. It was a stunning but demanding trek with a couple of unavoidable problems along the way. Despite these he was always helpful and fun to be with, I don't think I would have managed to complete the trek without him. I'd recommend him to anyone.

Dear James,

Namaste! and warm Greeting from Gorkha Adventure Pvt. LTD. at Nepal

Thank you very much for your valuable review on Nepal travel including Dhulagiri Trekking. We are glad to know that you had greats holiday experiences with us. One of the most challenging classic trekking route of western part of Nepal, Himalayas. A real adventure for experienced trekkers who are looking for an expedition-like experience. From farming villages in the Himalayan foothills to high alpine pastures, uninhabited valleys and close-up views of several peaks over 8,000 meter, this Dhaulagiri trek is breathtaking and exciting at every stage. As always we assured our best mountain hospitality and happy to know that we are able to do so. We hope to see you gain for another memorable vacation in Nepal. We believe that you do not have any hesitation to recommend us to your friends, family, relatives or any people who are interested to holidays in Nepal.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I trek with Gorkha adventures . These are fabulous people with friendly nature.
Great fitness capability in their trekers

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Very good trekking with Rajan a very good guide.

Start in 4 wheels drive from Besi shahar to Chame.
To finish in Thorung la by trekking

Thanks for everythings Rajan

Dear Simon J,

Namaste! and warm Greeting from Gorkha Adventure Pvt. LTD. at Nepal

Thank you very much for your nice review on Nepal travel including Annapurna circuit Trekking. We are glad to know that you had greats holiday experiences with us. Embark on a fantastic Annapurna Circuit Trek which takes us around the entire Annapurna massif reaching the zenith at Thorong La Pass (5,416m/17,769ft). We also walk through the world's deepest Kali Gandaki gorge with Annapurna I rising to 8091 m to the east and Dhaulagiri hovering at 8167 m to the west! We savor the fabulous mountain views from Poon Hill and discover the diverse Annapurna region. Furthermore, Annapurna Circuit Trek also takes us to Manang, Jomsom and the Muktinath region which again gets us acquainted with the diverse Nepalese landscape and culture. As always we assured our best mountain hospitality and happy to know that we are able to do so. We hope to see you gain for another memorable vacation in Nepal.