“A hidden gem”

Ranked #19 of 962 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Price range: USD 3 - USD 18
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Nepalese, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: When the sun shines, which is often in Kathmandu, our delicious food can be served to our rooftop garden, on our upper decks and our main promenade. This provides a more casual approach to the Ship's dining experience and there are spaces for over 60 diners to enjoy the Kathmandu sunshine. Our main restaurant rooms provide comfort for all our guests in well spaced and uncluttered tables. Our menu has been designed so that all food can be prepared from fresh and delivered to the table within 30 minutes of ordering. All foods whenever possible are organically produced from local sources and will be served by young, enthusiastic and motivated people. Most are students taking their diplomas at a local Hotel Management college and it is the founders aim to help the education of the young.The Ship will assist in this education and will help promote the empowerment of women by providing a vehicle for on the job training and learning as well as providing in house development. Our emphasis will be on quality. Quality of food, quality of service and quality of surroundings, this emphasis will not be compromised. We believe that dining at 'The Ship' will be an unforgettable experience unrivalled in Kathmandu and we look forward to pushing the culinary boundaries of the dining culture within Nepal.
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

My tour guide suggested this place, we went there, kind of at the edge of a lane and at other far side of Thamel. If not recommended by my tour guide, I wouldn’t notice this restaurant. Nice ambiance, clean, great service and great food. Started with panner pakoda, than hot chicken noodle soup, Chinese Tibetan style but delicious, I bet you will finish the all noodle and soup if yoi try! Definitely will be back to try other food in their menu!

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Ship restaurent is the best and quality food server in my life .there is a nice food options with upper class of service. I am highly recommend

1  Thank Bharatlamichhane92
Reviewed 26 January 2018

Last week I tasted a delicious soup. I'll come back to eat at this very nice and quiet restaurant The staff is very kind .

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

We went there for my husbands birthday meal.
We had big expectations but at the end we where bit dissapointed. It was not easy to find the place , we where alone in the whole restaurant and the
food was average (chicken curry ). Service was ok.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Had black tea with roasted pumpkin and ginger soup. Yes it is amazing! For main course, had curry chicken and garlic naan which were both excellent! Definitely recommended! Waiter Hari Acharya was very attentive and friendly.