We stayed here for our last night in Nepal. It is a very nice hotel with a beautiful garden, all built and decorated in typical Newari style with plenty of wood-carving. It was slightly higher priced than the place we stayed during previous visits to Kathmandu (Hotel Ganesh Himal, which we also recommend), however it included a set breakfast and given its beautiful architecture and garden it was totally worth the price.
The hotel offers free airport pick-up, luggage storage on the day of your check-out, as well as free use of four internet computer stations and WiFi in the garden area. If you get a room on the first floor there are good chances that you may catch the WiFi signal from there, too. It seemed, however, that the WiFi connection was not working during power cuts. Rooms are clean.
The location is good, close to the restaurants and shops of Thamel, yet in a very quiet corner. Kathmandu's Durbar square is still within walking distance, however it is not a very short walk and you may prefer taking a rickshaw.
Unfortunately, for some reason there was no hot water in the shower during our stay.
We were nevertheless very pleased with the International Guest House, particularly for its vividly conserved and authentic style. Even if you decide not to stay there the courtyard garden is definitely worth a visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FREE breakfast,wifi,airportpick up,parking,locker services,,, ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your International Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Guest House Hotel Kathmandu
- International Hotel Kathmandu