All reviewshot showerclean and comfortable bedspoon hillfree wifiawesome hotelgreat place to staynice staybudget hotelthamel districtdurbar squaretrekheartnepalsupermarketitineraryatmrooftop
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We chose this one for budget stay. Though we felt the price they were offering us was high for such budget hotel, but we stayed as we were too tired then. They said it will be a standard room! But I am sure, it’s a basic room and they charged us the price for a standard one!
We said, we will stay for 1night only and that is why we were treated like this!
The room smelled bad, it was damp and dirty, toilets were more dirty! Luckily, bed was okay. Construction work was going on inside the hotel, I hope they will renovate this room as well.

Good part is it’s location, it’s at the heart of Thamel. So many different restaurants, shops and travel agents are available there. Just 10mins walking distance from the bus stop (from where Pokhara buses start).

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

I made a reservation for one week, but we only stayed 5 nights here because we decided at the last minute to make a motorcycle trip to Pokhara and stayed there for two nights. This hotel is very popular among budget travelers. The owner and staff are very friendly. I really enjoyed talking to them.
We stayed in a standard room with a private bathroom. The room was kept very clean. I had hot showers every night (even twice a day) during my stay which made me feel good after getting so much dust from walking around in the city. If you want to exchange money into the local currency, I would recommend doing it here because the hotel had better rates and I could change any amount I want. I liked the flexibility. The rate I got was 103npr to 1USD.
WiFi is good compared to other parts of the city. Sometimes you just need to go the hallway close to the router and get connected first and then walk back to your room.
The hotel we stayed in Pokhara had terrible WiFi, no hot water, and even charged me more than here!
I was told by the owner they were working on to expand a room to provide breakfast in the near future.
Additionally, there is a bakery just a few steps to the left of the hostel that sells bread for 50% off after 8PM. Cheap and delicious!
Overall, I was happy to my stay and the hospitality I received during my stay.
Check out for yourself!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend only stayed for one night in this hotel. When we arrived we were exhausted from a 10 hour bus trip, so when we saw that the room was not like the pictures at all, we couldn't be bottered and thought; it is only for one night anyway. The room smelled BADLY like cave, was dark and humid. When I went to the toilet I noticed the bathroom was REALLY DIRTY!! The toilet seat, as well as the sink were broken and MOLD, there was a lot of mold! The showerhead looked disgusting as well. We should have complained straight away, but sadly we were too tired and went to sleep. I DID NOT SLEEP. I don't even think we slept on a matrass.. the bed was REALLY hard. The next morning we woke up because of construction in the same hotel, which nobody from the hotel told us about. My limit was reached!! I went down to tell them about our bad experience but they could not come up with a solution. I left the room feeling dirty and exhausted....

Afterwards we checked, our room was not on photo's of booking.com and when I saw another room when walking down it looked so much better.. The hotel staff also admitted that they give this room to people who are only staying for one night. In my opinion that already says so much about the state of the room and about the attitude of the hotel. Just put one-nighters in our worst room....

In the end, my boyfriend went talking to the hotel staff as well and after a friendly conversation with the manager we could check-out without payment. The manager was friendly and came up with a solution very fast. I am so happy about that because this night was worth no money!!

I hope the hotel will not rent out this room anymore (room 311) or clean it thoroughly. For us, we will always check the room before signing from now on, and defenitely complain straight away if something is wrong.

Hopefully this is a learning point for both us and the hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sophie S
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

This is a recomended place to stay for all kinds of travellers. It is located in the center of Thamel and walking distance to many attractions. If we wan't to go shopping, this area (thamell) is verry recomended because of the price is not too high and the goods is verry much. Almost everything do you want for shopping is provide here. The people are extremely helpful and friendly, they will make you feel at home. The exchange rate in this hotel is verry good. Tour in this hotel is verry good at price and all the service are exellence

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

I staying is this hotel 2 nights because of my friends recommend to me,nice staffs,center lacation in middle fo thamel, free wifi,hot shower,clean budet rooms, travel information desk available nicely whatever we need,they can serve heartly.. overall my experiene is so nice again with family @@@@@@.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo