All reviews place to stay guesthouse rooftop trekking nepal internet taxi
Reviewed 11 November 2017

We arrived yesterday from Pokhara very tired and at the middle of the night we wake up cause of some people was shouting, we wait until they stopped so we can continue sleeping and we did. But one hour later we wake up again with headache cause a cloud of cigarette was entering from the ventilator of the bathroom. We try to speak with the men incharge and his answer was that tomorrow morning he can give us another room. At 7am finally we talk with the administrator because the smell was till there and his solution was to change rooms with the same problem or to give us an spray. We share this bad night we you guys cause we are very a shame and disappointment of the Om Tara Hotel and we don't won't you to have a night like this.

Room tip: All rooms for smokers and even if you don't smoke you can feel it
Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adrii04
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Rooms were neat and tidy, and quite spacious. Nice rooftop area, nice courtyard restaurant. Quite peaceful, yet with all the hustle and bustle of Kathmandu outside the front steps. Staff were helpful and fun!

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2017

A small, lovely guesthouse in Thamel. Centrally located, close to restaurants, shops, and just a few minutes walk to the bus stop where tourists take a bus to Pokhara, a base town for most of the treks in the Annapurna region. The rooms are clean, comfy, and good priced. Strong wifi, even on the top floor. What we like most about Om Tara is a chillaxed, homely atmosphere with great staff. Anything you need, just let them know. A hidden gem of Kathmandu. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Mattara S
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Whenever I had some time in Kathmandu in between my travels through Nepal I enjoyed my little home in Kathmandu. In the centre of Thamel Om Tara guest house offers perfectly clean and cosy rooms for a fair price. Whatever you need, Bhim is there to organize it for you. Wether I arrived late at night, came home late from partying or had to leave in the early morning to catch a bus, the staff was always more than friendly and the service always nearly perfect.
Rooms were always available very spontaneous and my belongings, which I left there sometimes a few weeks before, waited for me in the exact same spot in a locked room.
I can only recommend to stay at Om Tara, ask for a quiet room to forget the busy streets from Thamel and climb up to the roof top for a beautiful view across the city.
I am already looking forward to visit the Om Tara team again.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 18 June 2017

If you have luck and the taxidriver knows the guesthouse then it's easy to find this lovely place located in Thamel. After you climbed up the steps in the courtyard (down you should please mind your steps) you will find a quite place to sleep. Comfortable beds, an own bathroom and maybe if you ask nicely your own water jar and coffee or milk tea in the morning makes you come again to 'Om Tara'. (But ask for normal Milk Tea not Chicken Milk Tea;)). All in all the rooms are clean and not too expensive.
Not only the 'Om Tara'-team makes this guesthouse worth staying also the amazing view from the roof top; from there you can have a look at Swayambhunath as well as down at the crowded streets of Thamel.

Date of stay: June 2017