1,231 results
All reviews new wing corner bar world expeditions olive garden the main hotel business trip breakfast buffet house keeping front office decent hotel comfortable stay rooms are spacious gym doorman lazimpat taxis trek
Reviewed 1 February 2010

We stayed at this hotel for only two nights as a break from a long holiday in Kolkata. Although it is not in the centre of Kathmandu (which is a taxi ride away), it is perfect if you want to see the sights, don't mind paying the taxi fares (which are cheap) and want a quiet hotel as it is a busy place to say the least.
We ate in the hotel three times at different restaurants and we found the food to be good, portions are on the large size! We also tried the cake shop that is owned by the hotel which is just outside the hotel grounds, the cakes were amazing. The hotel staff are very friendly, and were always willing to help.
The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the beds were turned down in the evening.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel if you want to see the sights, but without the noise from the roads keeping you awake!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank ineedaholidayasap
Reviewed 19 December 2009

I've stayed here on a few occasions. I have always found it clean, and the service good.

Internet and food is quite expensive by Nepali standards but you only have to go a hundred metres to get it cheaper.

We did have an incident where my room mate's trekking boots disappeared. She got them back and their excuse was that they thought they were being thrown out as they were 'near' the bin.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2009
3  Thank foxy3
Reviewed 15 December 2009

The Radission, is a very business like center of the city hotel in kathmandu. great hospitality, good food - I was surprised to get a lovely Dosa in the morning for breakfast.....Try one of thier vintage cars available with the hotel to travel around....

Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank 2,050
Reviewed 4 December 2009

Excellent hotel and good service. Specially liked the view from the top floors. The rooms are nice and cosy and also vey close to the market place

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank PViraj
Reviewed 10 November 2009

I stayed at the Radisson for a total of six nights. The first three nights (before a World Expeditions trek) were spent in a basic room, which was nice but nothing special for this kind of hotel. The last three nights (after the trek) were spent in a Club Room - we were upgraded free of charge due to limited room capacity. The Club Room was sensational! Absolutely huge with a separate lounge area and even a dressing room. The bathroom was lovely, we certainly took advantage of the steamy hot showers after trekking! The LCD tv had a bunch of news and entertainment channels, and our room was cleaned twice a day. I felt like a princess for my nights in this room!

There are a number of places to eat at the hotel. The breakfast buffet in the restaurant off the foyer was great, but our favourite spots were the Splash Bar overlooking the pool (fabulous views across the city to the mountains), and the Corner Bar, which is in a separate building above the bakery. The Splash Bar changed it's menu while we were there however and all the prices literally doubled (not sure if this happens every trekking season?), but the prices at the Corner Bar stayed the same. Both are still more expensive than eating out at restaurants, but the difference in price is worth it if you're not keen on a 20 minute walk into Thamel.

I found the staff always friendly and polite, and all spoke excellent English. The location was not fabulous, as I prefer to be in the middle of things, but it's only a 20 minute walk from the tourist area, and taxis are very cheap if you don't want to walk.

Supermarket - Bluebird market is on the corner of the main road. Very close to the hotel and a good place to stock up on cheap snacks.
Money exchange - use the outlets along the dirt road just outside the hotel as they offer a better rate
Shopping - try Folk Nepal and Third World Craft, both on the main road between the hotel and Thamel. They're fair trade and you'll probably get better prices here than if you try bargaining elsewhere

Overall, a great stay. At AUD120 per night for the room it's not cheap, especially by Kathmandu standards, but I'm glad we stayed there. I can't speak highly enough of our Club Room experience!!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends