See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Decent hotel with a friendly staff. Is perfectly located, clean and fairly/cheaply priced. Higly recommendable to everyone (backpackers, families, businnes trip etc) except those looking for exclusiveness.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank sigurd u
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Stayed here more than 2 weeks waiting for visa. Nice place considering the price (rooms on the upper floors are much nicer) with very friendly and helpful staff. The big terraces on the upper floors are great if you want to sit outside or self-cater. Free wifi. No generator but emergency light in the room. Relatively clean, although I did come across some cockroaches. Good location, central but not too noisy. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the upper floors, where there are big terraces and the rooms are nicer than the ones at reception level.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Stayed there almost 3 weeks and the guys working there were awesome! They even gave us a better price afterwards because we stayed longer! It's in a sideway of the main tamel road but still very central. I really recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Spent one night in Hotel Karma after being recommended it by a friend (who by all accounts really liked it- he was probably in a different room). Got put in a room next to the reception and was up all night battling cockroaches to the sound of barking dogs outside. Lovely. It was very cheap however.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Mattbor86
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I was looking forward to my stay at the Karma Hotel in Kathmandu. What I could find seemed positive but I was a bit put off by several things. First, the hotel is located on the second floor [and other floors?] and finding the entry via a doorway into a building was a bit challenging. The hotel had no 'standby' power and Kathmandu suffers from virtually no electricity in the morning or evening. They do have electricity in the early afternoon and the middle of the night but that's not too handy. I was also a bit put off by them arranging for my flight to Lukla. They put me in touch with one of their 'suppliers' who overcharged me for the flight, charged me a National Parks visitor's pass [which I didn't need] and didn't pick me up in the morning for my transfer to/from the airport even though I had paid for the transfers. All in all I think you can find a much nicer hotel - as I did. I moved to Hotel Thamel which was excellent.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel that has standby power. This one doesn't
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo