“Best of Jordan-short tour”
Review of World Expeditions

World Expeditions
Ranked #203 of 762 Outdoor Activities in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The trekking and adventure travel specialists since 1975, operating unique adventure holidays on the paths less travelled. We offer our travellers big adventures with a small footprint.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This trip is available starting any date and we only had the two of us and a local driver/guide who was very knowledgable. Local guides were organised for each of the sites, Jerash, Petra and Wadi Rum. We altered the itinerary at the planning stage to spend the last night in Wadi Rum desert rather then another night in Amman. Wadi Rum was a great experience, "glamping" in a Bedouin camp (although most staff were Egyptian). Jordan is extraordinary but unfortunately there was a dust haze from a Sahara dust storm which limited visibility so sunsets were disappointing. Petra was the highlight of the trip. We met our guide at 7am at the gates (which open at 6.30) and we recommend the early start as then you see the wonderful morning light as it creeps down the Treasury facade. It was also very hot coming back up the hillI in the middle of the day.The Petra site is very clean and well maintained with an excellent museum in the Visitor centre. Don't miss it. I would suggest to others that having the last night of this trip at a Dead Sea Hotel would be a great way to relax at the end of the trip.

bradleyatwal, Marketing Director at World Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Great to hear you enjoyed Jordan, one of our favourite destinations. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback for other travellers. We look forward to assisting you onto another adventure.

All reviews
"trail"
"everest"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 9 February 2018

I have done 2 major treks with World Expeditions so far and WILL def do more. I firstly did their Everest Base Camp trek in 2014 and it was the adventure of a lifetime. The staff and organisation is faultless. The eco camping and fresh cooked food every night was a delight. I recently did my second trek climbing the twin peaks in Northern India, Ladakh in 2017 and it surpassed my Nepal trek. In India I pushed my body and mind to limits I never knew I had and without the amazing staff who helped us I dont think I could have done it. Some of the main staff are now life long friends and a year later I am still blown away by that trek. The camping, staff and 17 horses we had were amazing and I cant recommend World Expeditions enough. To have company that cares and has such great staff is rare. While in India I asked other trekkers about WE and found they have such a great reputation by other tour operators, I think others look up to WE in their professionalism. I could ramble forever with this review as I just want to tell all the amazing things WE are great at.....all I can say is give them a go...you 120% wont be disappointed.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

I recently trekked with World Expeditions on their Annapurna Dhaulagiri trek and it was something that will always stay with me. The guides were brilliant, really knowedgeable on the climate and route and we got to know a lot about the local culture. Their exclusive permanent camps were away from other trekers and very comfortable and clean. The food we were served was quite incredible! We gace our chef a standing ovation at the end of the trek! I will be back!!

Reviewed 1 February 2018

Bucket list experience! World Expeditions met all expectations and I am so pleased I chose to do this trip with them. While it was fun to say I made it to base camp 1, the 3 passes were amazing and definitely the trip highlights. I struggled breathing initially at our first night at 5,000m and then adapted (luckily). The World Expeditions team (leader, porters and cooks) were professional and attentive, keeping watch of everyone's wellbeing, including what we ate and drank, as we walked "slowly, slowly" to/at higher altitude. The food was excellent and thoughtful, and also exceeded expectations considering the altitude we reached - having the food included is another big plus for this trip. And the warm bowls of water and cups of tea were most welcome every morning and afternoon on arrival at camp. The blooming rhododendrons and magnolias at this time were a beautiful bonus. I would add hand warmers and good mittens to your packing list if you are like me and feel the cold (I learnt my lesson!). This is a must do trip with World Expeditions for anyone interested in experiencing these amazing mountains.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
bradleyatwal, Marketing Director at World Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

It's one of our favourite trips - glad you enjoyed it. Very few get truly off the beaten path to experience the Everest region, good on you for choosing this trip. Thank you for the feedback!