Review Highlights
Vietnam by hire bike

Getting out & about in a foreign country is great fun. World Expeditions 14 day tour was an... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Cosmopolitan539024
nikkosendo walk Japan

an excellent walk over an historic trail with an accomplished guide that i would rate a comfortable... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
pommybruce
Sydney, Australia

All reviews kala pattar wadi rum tamang heritage base camp high altitude gokyo ri leader cooks rakesh jerash crew circuit equipment scenery sites trail everest
Reviewed 9 February 2018

I have done 2 major treks with World Expeditions so far and WILL def do more. I firstly did their Everest Base Camp trek in 2014 and it was the adventure of a lifetime. The staff and organisation is faultless. The eco camping and fresh cooked food every night was a delight. I recently did my second trek climbing the twin peaks in Northern India, Ladakh in 2017 and it surpassed my Nepal trek. In India I pushed my body and mind to limits I never knew I had and without the amazing staff who helped us I dont think I could have done it. Some of the main staff are now life long friends and a year later I am still blown away by that trek. The camping, staff and 17 horses we had were amazing and I cant recommend World Expeditions enough. To have company that cares and has such great staff is rare. While in India I asked other trekkers about WE and found they have such a great reputation by other tour operators, I think others look up to WE in their professionalism. I could ramble forever with this review as I just want to tell all the amazing things WE are great at.....all I can say is give them a go...you 120% wont be disappointed.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 8 February 2018

I recently trekked with World Expeditions on their Annapurna Dhaulagiri trek and it was something that will always stay with me. The guides were brilliant, really knowedgeable on the climate and route and we got to know a lot about the local culture. Their exclusive permanent camps were away from other trekers and very comfortable and clean. The food we were served was quite incredible! We gace our chef a standing ovation at the end of the trek! I will be back!!

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed 1 February 2018

Bucket list experience! World Expeditions met all expectations and I am so pleased I chose to do this trip with them. While it was fun to say I made it to base camp 1, the 3 passes were amazing and definitely the trip highlights. I struggled breathing initially at our first night at 5,000m and then adapted (luckily). The World Expeditions team (leader, porters and cooks) were professional and attentive, keeping watch of everyone's wellbeing, including what we ate and drank, as we walked "slowly, slowly" to/at higher altitude. The food was excellent and thoughtful, and also exceeded expectations considering the altitude we reached - having the food included is another big plus for this trip. And the warm bowls of water and cups of tea were most welcome every morning and afternoon on arrival at camp. The blooming rhododendrons and magnolias at this time were a beautiful bonus. I would add hand warmers and good mittens to your packing list if you are like me and feel the cold (I learnt my lesson!). This is a must do trip with World Expeditions for anyone interested in experiencing these amazing mountains.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
bradleyatwal, Marketing Director at World Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

It's one of our favourite trips - glad you enjoyed it. Very few get truly off the beaten path to experience the Everest region, good on you for choosing this trip. Thank you for the feedback!

Reviewed 1 February 2018

Great trek, porters, guides and Sherpas would highly recommend to anyone looking for an epic adventure!!!

Reviewed 1 February 2018

Overall the trip was good - great scenery, tents & food. The aspect that I did not like was feeling under pressure to walk faster than what I was comfortable with on the downhill sections (mostly on the way back). I was also told that I was not able to climb Kala Pattar, which is something I really wanted to do.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
worldexp1975, Marketing Director at World Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Colleen. I understand from our Operations team that they have spoken with you and are following up your comments. We expect that our guides manage all abilities in an effective and considerate manner and that in this case there appears to be room for improvement. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. - Brad