Lowest prices for your stay
Fairfield Inn
USD 68
Hotels.comUSD 68
Booking.comUSD 37
TravelocityUSD 68
All reviews excellent stay restaurant staff front office business trip short stay star hotel pooja kava mr heart
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 November 2021 via mobile

What I particularly liked is the location. It is in Thamel, yet slightly away from the main road and the market. So you enjoy some peace and quiet. Everything to shop is a short walk away.
The rooms are on the smaller side yet cozy, housekeeping excellent, people friendly and the food tasty. Do try out the local Nepali cuisine.
My room has a good view of the city too.
Would definitely recommend you stay here if you are travelling solo or with friends.

Room tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor
Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2021

I visited Kathmandu for a 3 days trip(13th Nov to 16th Nov 2021). Being Nepalese, I was not expecting a 5-star quality service especially from a hotel that was quite budget-friendly. It's funny how I returned home with a set of expectations for my next trips and hotel stays. From the moment I entered the hotel, I felt like I was being treated like a VIP guest. I was greeted with a huge smile and namesta on every interaction with any staff member. The hotel lobby is beautiful. Modern looking lobby with staffs overlooking you with a great smile asking if you need assistance. The restaurants and staff members were great. OFC free breakfast was the best part. :) ;)

Now let's get into the best part of my experience, the staff members and their communication skills.
Restaurant; They were so attentive and were ready to provide for you no matter how busy they were. I just loved their coffee;< ;<
Housekeeping; Thank you so much. I myself have worked in Mauritius as a housekeeping attendant and know how hard is it but the fact that they were so soft-spoken with a great smile and provided everything that we need. Just the best housekeeping staff ever. Better than me ;) ;)
Front Desk: Miss pooja and her team. This is a letter to thank you all for giving me the best experience ever.
Thank You so much for everything you did for me. I was a demanding guest with all of the confusion. Thank you for being patient with me and treating me in the best way possible. Thank you Miss Pooja for everything and you are the best of the best and your team is very lucky to have you and vice versa. oh hell, Fairfeild is lucky to have miss pooja and every team member especially Mr. Night Owl who gave me the best wake-up call ever.

All in all, don't ever doubt or think twice. Just book this hotel and look forward to the best trip in your life.
oh, Miss Pooja see you soon.
Mr. 6ft tall always confused Nepalese guy;) :) :)

Room tip: Ask for Dharara view and 8th or 9th floor
Date of stay: November 2021
Reviewed 1 November 2021 via mobile

I visited Kathmandu for a business trip for a week stay this hotel I must say excellent in service I feel like a second home away from home.
Ms. Sunita ( good in communication and responding quickly) Ms. Sunila (special thanks to her for arranging tulsi leaves) & Ms. Pooja all at the front office is good at communicating & handling perfectly and understanding your need, and responding quickly.
Ms. Sajana, Mr. Umesh, and Mr. Manoj are at kava restaurants doing excellent and helping me to select food of my choice, and Chef Santosh delivered food according to my taste bud.
I must this Fairfield team doing a wonderful job making guests happy and providing a wow effect.
Overall good and comfortable stay.
Thanks to Ms. Pooja and her team you are all good at your job.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2021 via mobile

I stayed at the Fairfield by Marriott in Kathmandu for five days in late October 2021 after my return from trekking in the mountains. The Hotel is very conveniently located just outside Thamel, close but far enough to avoid the tourist hustle and bustle of Thamel proper. The Hotel had just reopened when I returned to the valley, after being closed for a while due to the pandemic. The entire staff of the Hotel went the extra mile with a smile to make the guests feel welcome and very much at home, from the front desk staff, to restaurant staff, and security. A special shout-out to Ms. Pooja who generously and efficiently handled all of the special requests I had even before I checked in, including transfer of left-luggage from a different hotel, receipt of FedEx and DHL packages from back home, and offering to have a COVID technician come to the Hotel to do the test when I went to inquire about Government hospitals in the area. The front desk staff volunteered to carry some purchases that had been delivered for me to my room, observing that the package was heavy. The restaurant staff were always welcoming in the mornings and learned my usual BF order after the first day. Several genuine little touches like these made my stay very special. All in all, a very memorable stay in Kathmandu, thanks to the hospitality of the Hotel staff.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 October 2021 via mobile

I've stayed at hundreds of Marriott hotels around the world over the last 40 years, and I will say that the staff at this beautiful hotel - every one of them - are the very BEST I've ever experienced anywhere.

Everyone is kind, caring, attentive, professional...and everyone at this hotel made me feel like royalty. I love this hotel and it is the only place I would ever stay when visiting Kathmandu because of the incredible staff.

Thank you Pooja and the entire staff from the bottom of my heart for making my short stay so memorable ❤.

Room tip: This hotel is a beautiful escape from the chaos of Kathmandu...but is perfectly located to explore Thamel...
Date of stay: October 2021