“I ate here every day”

Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 May 2016

Does that say they enough?!
Delicious lunches & dinners (my hotel provided breakfast)
Fresh, vegetarian, Israeli & Mediterranean foods
Comfy, cozy,great decor, romantic low light in evenings, good wifi
I wish we had a location here at home!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,196)

Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

My friend and I went there for lunch. We entered a well booked Restaurant. Two strange things: you got to take you shoes off and sit on the floor/ pillows. Of the thirty guests we were the only two actually enjoying the meal and talking WITHOUT our smartphones.

+ good and tasty food
+ magnificent WiFi we guess(due to everybody surfing instead eating and socializing)
- The place is filled with western-wannabe-outofthegrid-backpackers who can't live without theirs electric devices.

Reviewed 19 May 2016

This is very good vegetarian restaurant on Mandala Street one of the nicest, no, the nicest section of Thamel. There's a fine selection.I love the vegetable pies and the hummus but there's nothing wrong with the salads either. You can sit on the floor mats and eat ata low table or get tables with stools. I prefer those.Service is efficient and courteous and the place is beautifully decorated.

Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

We visited OR2K multiple times during our stay in Kathmandu. The menu is vegetarian but has an incredible selection of dishes from Mediterranean to Italian, and Lebanese, as well as traditional Nepali food. The standard of hygiene and water quality seemed excellent.
The venue itself is tucked away in an upstairs location, feeling like you've been transported away to an oasis of calm. Cushions, rugs, coffee tables, background music and of course wifi will make you feel right at home. The words hippy and alternative don't necessarily describe me, but this is what you'll find here, and I loved it! Prices are on the higher side for Nepal, but still cheap compared to western prices.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

I visited OR2K after a friend's recommendation. I visited alone and didn't feel awkward being solo in a restaurant. There are 2 levels and I sat at the top. The set-up is low tables and cushions on the floor for seating - this was more comfortable than it sounds! Although I was lucky to sit against wall. The lighting is really impressive - dim with UV that makes the menu light up. I was not that impressed by the food (goats cheese salad - large amounts of lettuce, too much dressing, very sweet nuts) but the Rock2K cocktail was very good and very reasonably priced. Service was friendly, if a little brief and impersonal to some of the smaller places in Kathmandu. I'd go again with a group of friends, but go for the middle-eastern dishes rather than salads