Lowest prices for your stay
LeMeridien.com
AU$1,114
Fully refundable before Sat, 25 May
Breakfast included
Kamala Iyer

People make a difference at this property

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 weeks agovia mobile
Location of the hotel is smack in the centre of town. Hence very convenient but has no great views to offer! The room size is decent. The AC vents don’t face the bed & there is no fan hence room tends to get warm. The staff did their level best to help. The dining options are very good & the chef Anurag is very friendly & attentive. The waiting staff are friendly & very chatty. Tshering2 & Pemo from the staff & Tenzing from Latitude bar were very friendly indeed. The cultural program they arranged on one night was spectacular. Yountan the F&B mgr was particularly very good with his handy tips on Bhutan. His shared love for IPL meant that he always ensured we got to view it in the Bar. He even told the F&B mgr at Paro about our arrival to make us welcome. They really went out of their way to make us comfortable
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
  • Booking.com
    AU$1,229
0.7 km from Le Meridien Thimphu
View more hotels in Thimphu
All reviews front office dinner buffet visit bhutan excellent hospitality rooms are spacious indian food comfortable stay latitude dem lm chef heart gym country happiness conference kingdom
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed for 2 days at this nice property located right in the centre of lovely Thimphu. Very comfortable stay as expected, however it was made memorable thanks to some wonderful staff who went out of their way to made sure we added to the country’s gross national happiness: Pema Yangki and Tshering 2 from the restaurant, and Tenzin from Latitude. Yountan’s titbits about Bhutan was interesting and informative, and Anurag’s food was par excellence! Overall, one to come back again to!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2024

I spent two nights at this hotel as a solo traveler, while visiting the Thimphu sights. The hotel was well-located in the center of Thimphu, and it is very nicely designed. I am a Marriott Bonvoy status member, so I receive benefits during my stays.

First and foremost, staff service was outstanding, as everyone was extremely nice and very attentive during each and every interaction. However, I downgraded my overall TA rating because at times, I'm sorry to say, the attentiveness was too much for me. I never thought I would ever say such a thing. But really, at times, it was just too intrusive and repetitive. I love great service; it just needs to be balanced, and unfortunately, it wasn't at this hotel.

The room I was assigned represented an upgrade to a 1-bedroom corner suite. It was nicely designed, clean, and well-appointed. The shower had great water pressure, and the water was hot. The bed and linens were great. Unfortunately, the AC in both rooms made mechanical humming noises. Note that the hotel either has central AC or central heat at any one time, depending on the season, not both at the same time. In my room, some of the lights didn't work and one floor lamp made crackingly noises when I tried to plug it into the socket.

The hotel doesn't have a dedicated Club Lounge, but offers a happy hour in the bar, with a menu of lite bites/drinks to Bonvoy status members. Overall, the food in the hotel was very good. The breakfast buffet was pretty comprehensive, catering to most cuisines (Asian, Indian, and Western). The hotel maintains a gym, which allowed me to get a full-body workout (see photos).

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 March 2024

I stayed at the LeMeridian Thimphu during my journey to magical Bhutan in March 2024. A great hotel, fantastic staff. they made me feel like I was the only guest at the hotel!! Excellent breakfast buffet. My room was so great I did not want to leave the hotel. I also had a massage and a facial at the hotel. Booth excellent. If you stay there you should try the spa especially after so much walking. the hotel manager was very hands on and made sure guests were enjoying their trip. If you go to Thimphu consider staying at LeMeridian. You will be happy you did.

Room tip: The spa services are great.
Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 March 2024 via mobile

The hotel is centrally located in Thimpu town. The rooms are spacious and clean. Food options for buffet breakfast were wide and the kitchen was happy to accommodate to my specific dietary restrictions. My husband and I felt warmly welcome by the staff, in particular Deki, who facilitated our hotel check-in and dining requirements. Kezang, Damchoe and Tshering (all from F&B) were also very hospitable.

Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2024

On 28th February, I made full payment for the hotel accommodation at Le Meridien Thimphu for 21st March to 23rd March. I promptly received a confirmation booking from them and eagerly to travel Bhutan to celebrate my birthday. However, on March 12th, I received an email stating that they had to cancel my booking due to accommodating the head of state from 21st March to 23rd March.
Le Meridien Thimphu essentially left my family and me, hotel guests, in the lurch without any alternative offers for accommodation or compensation. Considering the most hotel room in Thimphu are already fully booked, this situation has left me feeling stranded and utterly disregarded. Is this the manner in which tourist are welcome in Bhutan? This experience raises questions about the hospitality and treatment of tourists in Bhutan.
It is surprising to believe that Le Meridien Thimphu, under the Marriot brand , would simply cancel a booking without any consideration.

Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled with family
Le Meridien Thimphu, Marketing at Le Meridien Thimphu, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2024

Dear Marilyn,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and frustration you experienced regarding your booking at Le Meridien Thimphu. Your feedback is invaluable to us as we strive to provide exceptional service to all our guests.

We deeply regret any inconvenience caused by the cancellation of your booking due to unforeseen circumstances, and we understand the disappointment this must have caused, especially when celebrating a special occasion like your birthday. Please accept our heartfelt apologies for any distress or inconvenience this situation may have caused you and your family.

We are committed to addressing your concerns promptly and will work diligently to ensure that such incidents do not occur in the future. Your feedback regarding our responsiveness to your inquiries is noted, and we will take immediate steps to improve our communication channels to provide timely assistance to our guests.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and sincerely hope to have the opportunity to restore your faith in our hospitality. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly if there is anything further, we can do to assist you.

Warm regards,