Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews aman resorts bhutan architecture kinley karma
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 September 2023

I loved my 7-night stay at 4 of the Amankora lodges. All the properties are beautiful, with an understated and very zen design (they're also very similar so don't expect huge variation from lodge to lodge). My favourites were Punakha (which has a very nice heated swimming pool, and a cozy meditation room in the main house which I used quite a bit), and Thimphu, which is just a short distance from town, located in a peaceful forest with a small stream running through it.

The staff at all the lodges were fantastic: hospitable, kind and very attentive. You really can't ask for more. Bhutan itself is among my favourite places I've ever travelled to: incredible nature, beautiful monuments and architecture, and shockingly few tourists. I hope it stays this way.

My itinerary, which we more or less planned day-by-day was:

Thimphu - Gangtey - Punakha - Punakha - Thimphu - Paro - Paro

My one bit of advice to any active traveller would be to organise a trek in addition to staying at the lodges: this is the one thing I felt I missed out on and will be sure to do next time.

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Karim H
Reviewed 9 April 2023 via mobile

Truly excellent experience. As so often with Aman resorts, the highlight of our stay was the tender love and care shown by the staff. We would like to call out our excellent guide, Karma, who consistently went above and beyond the call of duty, and our driver Theshen. Both were resourceful, proactive and joyful.

Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2023 via mobile

We had a fantastic stay at this majestic property set amongst woodlands high above the centre of Thimpu, the perfect escape from the city streets.
Our suite was everything I’d hoped for and more. The treatments were an exceptional standard and the entire team delivered a true Aman experience from start to finish.
A special thank you must go to Mongul for taking such great care of us and giving us plenty of background to life in Bhutan.

Date of stay: March 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2022

In October and November, our US guests stayed at Amankora Thimphu & Punakha as part of their Bhutan tours with Bhutan Best Travel. Your excellent service provided to our guests is greatly appreciated.

Date of stay: October 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2022 via mobile

If I could give more stars I would! It is not often one comes across a place which is almost perfect in every regard. A beautiful hotel whose architecture melds seamlessly with the surrounding area. The rooms are warm, clean, welcoming and spacious with views of the forest. A beguiling, peaceful and special place. The food is amazing and the service exemplary with our every ask catered to. Special thanks to Phuntsho, Kinley, Chimchi, Anton and all the team at Amankora! Katrinche La! Thank you for looking after us - we feel truly blessed to have been guests.

Date of stay: September 2022