Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews aman resorts bhutan architecture kinley karma
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 November 2019 via mobile

Our very first Aman experience was back in 1994 at Amanusa, Bali. It made such an impression that I was so adamant of staying in all Amankora in Bhutan. Our trip to Bhutan consists with only 8 days skipping Amankora in Bumthang. Our first stop is Amankora in Thimphu. There are 5 Amankora in 5 separate towns in Bhutan and I will be reviewing 4 out of 5 lodges separately.

First and foremost, Aman Resort is renowned for its lodges especially for its impeccable service. With that said, I have nothing but praises for the resort. I am so happy that I specifically chose Amankora for our entire stay in Bhutan. Once again, I fell in love with Aman Resort. I give the entire credits to its staff who all went above and beyond our expectations. A huge shout-out to all the staff here but especially to our private tour guide Ugyen and Pema who made sure our experience was memorable. These two guys worked so hard to make sure we were well taken care of from start to finish of our 8-day trip to Bhutan. Aman should always employ these two for their incomparable services.

The food here was delicious! A shout-out to the Assistant Manager Sonam who made time to say hello and to suggest the hot stone bath and the potato shed dinner in Gangtey. The experience was amazing! Loved both activities. Aman’s hospitality and service are beyond compare. Thank you!!! Can’t wait to go to Laos next year and stay at your resort again.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2019

Incredible property, set in a wooded area. Our room was absolutely beautiful with an inviting deep tub and wood burning stove. The food was very nice. The staff were very kind and generous. We were even blessed by a monk as we departed.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 29 August 2019

The international airport is at Paro so your guide for your whole stay will come to pick you up. My first night was at Thimphu lodge. It's about an hour and a half away from Paro airport. The rooms are adequately good sized. In lieu of a couch, a built in window banquet is there for gazing out the window. There is a large double vanity area where they pump heat throughout the day which makes washing hands nice and toasty every time. One thing to note is that the bathroom is wide open to rest of the room thus if you are shy, you can request folding screens to gain privacy. There is one large tub for soaking as well as in room fireplace to fragrant the room when you burn wood at night for warmth. With that said, there is central air to warm the room thus fireplace is really more for atmosphere.

There is a central courtyard at this lodge. This is the place where you can watch traditional Bhutanese dance. I have to say the dance numbers are absolutely mesmerizing. Again, Aman excels at bringing cultural experience to your front door.

The food at this Aman lodge was very good. I would say the pastry was definitely the highlight. There is only one central restaurant for this lodge and it's actually quite grand. Amankora had someone playing a Bhutanese traditional instrument while I ate (similar to the time when Amanbagh had someone playing flute when I was eating).

The gift shop here is quite nice. There is a large selection of high quality items you can buy for remembrance of your trip. The decision at these Aman shops always come down to what can I fit in my luggage!

The spa is probably the weakest point in this lodge. It is in the basement of the lodge and feels a bit like an after thought in terms of space and decor.

For my Amankora Paro review, you can click on my profile which should list all reviews I post on TripAdvisor or you can go to my blog which I have a more detailed description of my stay plus a short video of a Bhutanese dance at Amankora.

Date of stay: February 2019
3  Thank kevinh73
Reviewed 18 July 2019

This is our first lodge of our Amankora journey and it has a great location. It stood in the carnivorous forests and the rooms are beautifu. However, the food are really small potions so you should not worry to order more. The dance they did was cool, so don't miss that out. Other than that, there arent much to do. Do not go to the Royal Botanical Garden because the sandflies are no good. They bit my child and my husband on the leg and it took a long time to cure. My husband was allergic and ended up having to go to a local Clinique.

Room tip: All rooms are the same
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank fagitChen
Reviewed 13 July 2019

Hotel is very quiet and peaceful, which was perfect after a day and half of traveling from east coast of USA. The food was very good and the choices (Bhutanese and Western) was great for the family.

Really enjoyed the hikes and the visit to the center of Thimphu (not that city of thimphu is anything great), but our guide Tara, was fantastic and seemed to understand our level of interest in different things.

Look forward to returning someday.

Date of stay: June 2019