Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 April 2019

its just a cheap hotel, lacking basic cleanness. There is hardly any room service. But the restaurant(veg.) attached with the hotel is quite good, offering several kinds of indian food. Location is also good.....

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2018

I went on a solo trip to Bhutan this year. Sorry for the late review but I hope its better late than never. Tripadvisor is not filled with reviews about hotels in Bhutan and this was the first time that I had to take the help of other portals to finalize my hotel. An ex-traveler came to my rescue and I was suggested to book this hotel, which I did.
This hotel is centrally located. It cant get any better than this. In the Mall road, near to the Bus Stand and a walk away from the permit office of Thimphu. Its in proximity to all the major places of Thimphu. The moment I stepped into the hotel and met the manager cum owner, Mr Sonam, I was sure that I had stepped into the right place. He is one of the most wonderful person you will meet. Extremely polite, helpful and courteous. Since I was a solo traveler, I was a bit worried about things I needed to do to kill my time late evening. Guess what, time just flew away. The hotel has an awesome kitchen with a great dinning room. The Wifi works fine and if you don't want to look into your phones, enjoy the match in the television over a cup of tea/beer in the hotel's dinning room. Rooms are decent and value for money. The staffs are very well behaved and ready to help.
I thoroughly enjoyed my three days in Thimphu, thanks to Mr Sonam and his hotel. Btw, he gave a drop too, till Dochula Pass in his car the next day.

Room tip: Excellent food and very helpful owner
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

First & foremost ,this hotel have a major water problem.water sometimes doesn't comes at all,They have kept lock system for water,& is supplied a better in those rooms they have kept for western tourists.Besides this the man at reception is rude & traitor on polite Bhutanese tradition,when I complained about water problem,one can't imagine what sort of unreasonable & bad things he said,I was speechless.I selected this hotel for it offered a little less price,but beware it's like living in hell

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank shridhar g
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Due to last minute change in our Bhutan itinerary, we arrived Thimphu a day earlier than we were supposed to. The guy who had our booking for the day later, suggested this place as a last minute alternative as he had his place sold out for that particular night.
The place is located on the main road right opposite the clock tower. It's like a town centre with lot of shops and cafes.
We got our room on the top floor. It had huge windows on 2 sides. The room and the washroom was clean, however, linen could have been better. The guy running the place is a really helpful guy who helped us in filling the permit form and guided us on how to apply for it.
On the downside, the crowd at the hotel was a little shady and one could hear weird noises from the alley with a woman crying (damn....)
Overall, a cheap option for budget travellers for a night.

Room tip: Take room on upper floors for more quietness
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Hotel Ghasel is located in the centre of Thimpu city and all the tourist attractions are at a walking distance. The football ground, archery ground, Mojo Park, the local market are all a 5-10 minute walk from this hotel. The rooms are small with just two beds and a TV. There is no AC. The bathroom is small but clean. Do not go expecting a fancy hotel because for the price (which is extremely cheap) that you are paying, you will be getting all the basic amenities. Also when my friend and I visited the place, we made friends with Pima the cook and help of the hotel. If you do visit this place, do go out with Pima as he can show you some really good restaurants and places. Also he is a good guy to hang out with. He can also help you score ;)

Trip type: Travelled with friends