Lowest prices for your stay
AU$262
Breakfast included
Get rewarded with One Key
AU$262
Breakfast included
Priceline
All reviews rooftop bar warm ambience extra mile awesome hotel manager mr hotel experience front office home away from home f b bhutanese food rooms are clean other hotels hem staycation country span housekeeping
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 December 2019

it was a wonderful experience staying at Pema Hotel. The service was superb. Customer service was excellent with modesty. Kitchen service is A+ along with the front desk customer service of the young lady "Sonam"(which means good luck in Bhutanese) who always has a smile on her face. Makes the entire stay an experience of excellence

Date of stay: December 2019
ThePema, Manager at The Pema by Realm, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2020

Dear Mr. Maksud Ul,

Greetings from The Pema by Realm!

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us and for your most kind and encouraging words. We are so happy that you had a great time with us and it was our absolute pleasure to make you feel at home. Our team enjoyed their interactions with you immensely.
Wishing you and your family peace, good health and joy in 2020. We hope to see you again at The Pema soon!

Kadringche la,

The Pema family

Reviewed 29 December 2019

My first ever visit in Bhutan with my family, had been an extremely beautiful, memorable experience only because of staying at the PEMA. We, the Bangladeshi people traditionally love our very neighbour country Bhutan, and Bangladesh-Bhutan always share a friendly bonding historically. This was all my theoritic understanding until my travel there...and then staying at the PEMA made my whole experience about Bhutan and Bhutanese poeple much precious!. PEMA showed that their guests are more than a visitor, they recognize, treat with much more trust and respect. This is invaluable! To my family, PEMA is the symbol of 'beauty of humankind' and Bhutanese people will be always cherished to us, our relatives and friends as esteemed folks. The quality of comfort and amenity of the PEMA represents the country.

Room tip: Best views, much quiter, sunny and soothing
Date of stay: November 2019
ThePema, Manager at The Pema by Realm, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2019

Dear Dr. Syeda Zinia Rashid,

Greetings from The Pema by Realm!

Thank you for your most kind review which humbles us deeply. We are always so happy to welcome new friends from our loving neighbor, Bangladesh.

Here at The Pema by Realm, we are Cultural Ambassadors for our Kingdom. And all our ladies and gentlemen are constantly inspired by our Visionary and Benevolent Monarchs to do our best and to showcase our country, heritage, and most importantly, our values enshrined in the four pillars of Gross National Happiness (GNH). We know that our journey has just begun and your heartfelt review has encouraged all of us on the eve of a new year.

Wishing you, Mr. Mohammad Sharieear, Mrs. Monoara and the rest of your family peace, good health and joy in 2020. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 December 2019 via mobile

Excellent hotel and above all the restaurant. We stayed 2 nights and those were the best nights in Bhutan specially because of its restaurant and the international food they serve, what is not easy to find in the country.

2  Thank raffa2g
ThePema, Manager at The Pema by Realm, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2019

Dear Mr. Rafael Gonçalo,

Greetings from The Pema by Realm!

Kadringche la for your kind words about our hotel. As great foodies ourselves, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your culinary experiences here at The Pema! We would love to welcome you and your loved ones back to Bhutan and The Pema again soon. Till then, we wish you good health and happiness – Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you!

Reviewed 14 December 2019 via mobile

Once again, I found myself back at the Pema. This time with family.

The last two times I stayed at this hotel, I wished I had more time: to drink in the views of the valley, sink into the firm soft bed, linger at the cafe. This time I could. And I came up with more reasons to return to the Pema:

1. Magical touches. The bits of help and kindnesses lavished on my family were so lovely that if I were to specify these, it would set an impossibly high standard. Suffice to say that the staff will go the extra mile to help you. Speaking of touch, the massage therapists did a great job working out the knots and kinks for my wife and I. Ask for the deep tissue massage.

2. Terrific spaces. I had several meetings and conversations in Thimphu. Whether it is a business meeting or a private chat, you have choices: indoors, outdoors, public, private, dim, well lit.

3. Care for the hidden. At night, the hotel gleams like a jewel, a bit like Rivendell, the home of the elves in The Lord of the Rings. But don't just be drawn to the glitter eg art work in the lobby, polished wood, bathroom fittings, plush bed, comfy sofas. What's more important is they treat drivers well. Drivers are offered free flow coffee, a comfy space to wait, and also snacks. My driver, who has sent passengers to bhutan's best resorts, told me: "this hotel is the best." So if they treat drivers the best, surely they would treat hotel guests the same way. I can attest to this.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Mr. Alvin,

Greetings from The Pema by Realm!

As always, it is so wonderful to welcome you back to The Pema and especially this time since your family was able to join you as well! Tashi Delek once more on your wedding anniversary, and for choosing to share that beautiful milestone in your lives at our hotel. The precious time you have taken to provide such detailed feedback about our services has made this end of 2019 a sweet and fulfilling one for all of us. We love what we do and we shall work even harder to elevate the quality of our services so that the memories our guests make here at The Pema make them smile and remember Bhutan always!

We wish you and your family a most Merry Christmas, and good health and happiness in the New Year.

Reviewed 8 December 2019 via mobile

Pema was a wonderful experience. The staff is not only courteous,but very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean beds comfortable and the best meal was breakfast where we were well looked after by Ms Dawa and Ms Kavita.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ThePema, Manager at The Pema by Realm, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2019

Dear Mrs. Reeta and Mr. Partha Lahiry,

Greetings from The Pema by Realm!

Thank you so much again for choosing to stay with The Pema. It is so rewarding for us to know you had such a memorable time with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. The Pema Family wish you and your families a most blessed New Year 2020!