Hotels.com
Lol.travel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 June 2019

Right in city centre, a perfect hotel to stay.
Rooms are spacious, adequate heating, good interiors.
Service is good. Though food is a bit costly, but you are inside city and can get that anywhere outside.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2019

Stayed here in May whilst our trip to Bhutan. Had an excellent stay. Food definitely a wow factor. Met the Chef personally to thank him and the kitchen team.
Thanks to the entire team for the great hospitality.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2019

It is my 4th time staying in this hotel. It has improved with better flooring. The rooms are average, maybe a bit strange (in our room the bathtub is somehow outside in an "uncomfortable position. The service in the restaurant is very good; the front desk a little less as the receptionists are somehow disorientated - maybe they are not used to serving large groups. The hotel is very central in Thimphu, so just a few minutes walk to everything in the center, or if you like a run, it's a nice 5km uphill run to the big Buddha on the hill. But definitely not the place for relaxing and tranquillity.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2019 via mobile

The room was very nicely decorated, clean and cozy too. My guide was angry because there was a small hole in the wall of my bathroom where the light switch must have been before but I honestly didn’t mind!
True, if you are a light sleeper, spending the night in the middle of the city can get tricky as there are so many stray dogs (really! My guide says they represent a good part of the local population lol) that bark at night! It’s not my case so it was okay for me.
The restaurant serves excellent food and I especially loved the breakfasts there!
Service was perfect too.
I’d love to stay there again.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2019 via mobile

Nice hotel from inside, good wifi in the room, wooden floors, good electric heater, very modern bathroom, hairdryer. Good restaurant! And spa (I didn't visit, you have to pay extra).
The only thing is, there are lots of dogs barking at night, but that's everywhere the case in Thimphu. Unfortunately I had no nice view from my room (1st floor), looking out at a construction site for a new building right nextdoor; but whithin in a year or so that probably will be finished.

Date of stay: April 2019