Lowest prices for your stay
AU$1,870
Breakfast included
Hotels.com
All reviews post card beautifully appointed hotel indoor pool a wonderful stay personalized service great ambience boutique hotel icing on the cake will visit again sitting area amazing hotel bhutanese style postcards valley chef tj hospitality
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 February 2020

Once you arrive at this property, you will be bowled over by it's pristine location, but soon you would realise, it is actually their exceptional service that takes it to a whole different level :) .
My family and I arrived here on my birthday and were surprised by a very warm and cordial reception.
Interestingly thereafter, Manan and team kept raising the bar high and kept exceeding my expectations.
Kudos to the staff (Sooraj, Mithun, Gita, team of chefs and all the others) to make my stay so magical.

To all the travelling enthusiastics, I would highly recommend this place for a blissful stay.

Thx again guys for all the wonderful memories..

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Sales The Poscard Hotel, Owner at The Postcard Dewa Thimphu, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2020

Dear Mr. Gaurav,
Thank you so much for choosing The Postcard Dewa during your recent trip to Bhutan, it was indeed a pleasure having you come and stay with us. I am thrilled to read your highly motivating review about our hotel. I will convey your thoughts to the entire team and am sure it will motivate us all to strive and give a similar level of service to all our guests.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon, to create some more wonderful memories with us.

Warm Regards,
Resort Manager - The Postcard Dewa

Reviewed 1 January 2020

I wasn't a resident at Postcard Dewa, but I enjoyed every bit of their hospitality thanks to Manager Manan Vaidya. Kudos to Chef Bishnu for every delicacy I was served, special mention to the food & beverages manager Suraj for his suggestions and the view from Dewa is simply fanta-bulous but if you want to step out and have a tea, make sure everything you're wearing is tied down !

Room tip: This resort has all of 15 rooms - Standard, Deluxe and Suite, the standard room itself is not cheap but it is spacious, has great interiors.
Date of stay: December 2019

Dear Mr. Nikhil,
It was a pleasure having you here at the Postcard Dewa.
We look forward to welcoming you again here soon, hopefully as a resident!

Warm Regards,
Resort Manager - The Postcard Dewa

Reviewed 12 October 2019 via mobile

We had a wonderful peaceful stay at the Dewa hotel after a trek in the mountains. This beautifully appointed hotel was a welcome restorative place to relax and recharge. The rooms are large with a generous sitting area and a beautiful private terrace overlooking the mountains. The hotel has only 15 rooms so it felt private and quiet. They also have a nice spa with a pool and plenty of comfortable sitting areas and terraces to hang out and enjoy. The staff and service was exceptional.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie B
Reviewed 25 July 2019

The mercury was soaring in Delhi and we just wanted to get away from the heat and the hustle and bustle of the city and Dewa Thimphu was just the right place for us. Situated on a hill between Paro and Thimphu, the resort is surrounded by green coniferous trees.

We received a warm welcome which was such a relief after a tiring early morning flight for which we had stayed up almost entire night. After freshening up, straight went for a spa and trust me, I have never felt more relaxed. For the three days we were there, we kept our digital devices in our bags and soaked in the nature. They have this lovely deck where I was curled up with a book in the afternoons, just watching the clouds change shape.

The staff is very very courteous and best thing is even the food is a al carte, made to order. So you get everything fresh.

We really didn't want to leave Dewa Thimphu but all good things come to an end. We really look forward to visiting them again soon, for yet another digital detox.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2019 via mobile

This is a 5 star property on a hill, with beautiful views towards the valley, location is nothing but great. Having complimentary breakfast, free parking, bar, spa, smoking and non smoking rooms, sauna, multilingual staff, concierge and others. Staff and reception people are nothing but superb. The property offers unforgettable bhutanese experience with the help of such extremely helpful sombre staff. The swimming pool is good, foods are good but few taste differently. Only one point which is the main issue with the property is exorbitant pricing. I had stay with Taj Vivanta, Exotica, Marriott, Sheraton in various places and comparing every aspect and offerings, this property is surprisingly overpriced. If this is not an issue then certainly go for it.

Date of stay: June 2019