Lowest prices for your stay
AU$129
Fully refundable before Thu, 7 Mar
Hotels.com
AU$129
Fully refundable before Thu, 7 Mar
Get rewarded with One Key
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 March 2019

I am just about to finish my second stay at Bhutan Suites. My first stay was 10 days in October 2018 and this second stay was for almost a month during February/Mars 2019. The location is nice and I had a beautiful view of Thimphu in both of the rooms that I had, though this may not be the case for every room? Most places in Bhutan can be quite cold during February, inside as outside, but with two radiators in the room I could get it as worm as I wanted (though bathroom was without heating), so not a problem. One thing to highlight is that the staff here is amazing, very friendly and service minded! I will definitely chose to return here for future visits. Though it is a quiet hotel there are dogs barking that you can hear during the night, but I did not have a problem with it and you will probably hear the dogs at most locations during the whole night in Thimphu. All in all, I had a great stay and can only recommend.

Room tip: Room 203 and 304 offers a great view over Thimphu
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Bhutan S, Manager at Bhutan Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2019

Greetings Mr.Kim
Thank you so much for your wonderful review.
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and our hospitality. We aim to please.
Please do visit us again to enjoy our food, spacious rooms .

Have a good day ahead!

Reviewed 2 March 2019

We arrived on a very cold day and found the apartment cold and soulless but we warmed to it as the weather picked up. Always found the dining room cold but food was very good. Service was slow and a little unsure but staff always tried to be helpful. Apartments were large but television was not working and despite advising staff it was never fixed didnt matter we were happy to read.

A little walk uphill from the main area but overall a comfortable stay. Dogs barking at night were pretty bad. We had chosen this place a little out thinking it would be better than the town centre but we were wrong!

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Bhutan S, Manager at Bhutan Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2019

Greetings Sir....

Thank you for the review .
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience during your stay.
We have checked the TV and ensure that will not happen again.
We also wanted to share that our rooms are warm and Hope you return to enjoy the upgraded services.

Have a good day!

Reviewed 27 February 2019

The Bhutan Suites Hotel is a modern hotel that still keeps the local charm and architecture. Hotel staff was super friendly and helpful. Spacious and clean rooms. Our dinner at the hotel was delicious and all super fresh as well as the breakfast in the next morning. If you like to know more see also traveltreasuresbymarion - the hotel is centrally located for your discovery tour through the most relaxed capital in the world - Thimphu.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Bhutan S, Manager at Bhutan Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2019

Greetings Sir...
Thank you so much for your wonderful review.
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us.We aim to please.
Please do visit us again to enjoy our food, spacious rooms .

Have a good day ahead!

Reviewed 12 December 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights during our recent travel to Bhutan and just loved the place from the moment we stepped inside the room. It was super clean and very cozy. Check-in in super quick.

Each suite has 2 rooms - a sitting area, dining table & kitchenette in one room and a large king size bed in the other. Both the rooms have individual heaters which make you super comfortable. Dinner and breakfast can be served in the room. There are lot of stores available in the vicinity to take care of any requirements. It is just 10 min walk to the main town and also very close to Changkhang Lakhang which is one of the oldest monestary of Thimphu. Would recommend this place very strongly and would definitely choose this place over others in case I happen to visit Thimphu again

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank drkhanjanm
Bhutan S, Manager at Bhutan Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2019

Greetings Dr! Thank you so much for your positive review. We are glad that you enjoyed our hospitality . We hope you will visit us again in the future.Best wishes!

Reviewed 17 November 2018

Stayed here for three nights during my trip to Bhutan. In the past I was staying in a different place, but since rooms were not available there, my office booked me in this place and it turned out to be a pleasant surprise. The rooms are huge. My office told me they have booked me in a double room, but it turned out to be more like a one bed room apartment equipped with a living room and a kitchenette than a double room. The restaurant serves some of the best dishes I have had in Bhutan and they serve breakfast in your room. The staff are also really nice and efficient. The Wi-fi for most parts, works ok, but at times it tends to be a bit sketchy – but this is common for most of the hotels in Bhutan.

The only downside for me was that it is a bit away from the center of town, but close to a lovely monastery. While I personally prefer a place to town, some others might like its peaceful location.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Bhutan S, Manager at Bhutan Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2018

Greetings Sir
Thank you so much for your wonderful review.
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us.We aim to please.
Please do visit us again to enjoy our spacious rooms and food.
As you have rightly pointed out, we are located away from noise city making it convenient for our guest.

Have a good day!