All reviews buffet breakfast was good large tv laundry done main building great room joes beerhouse bed was comfortable pleasant stay stayed for two nights reception staff rooms are clean home away from home africa albertina wifi tub luxury
Reviewed 28 August 2017

Since 2002 we come once per year to this hotel, we see always improvements. For us the best place in town!
If someone has no car available after arrival at the airport, the shuttle-service can be booked with the room.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank 567dagmarl
Terri L, Owner at Roof of Africa Hotel Conference & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Thank you! Do come back again! We have another new facelift! The restaurant has been extended! We even have our own Craft Beers exclusively brewed at The Roof for The Roof restaurant only!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

I had a comfortable stay, average rating due to the building that is ongoing but will be fantastic when completed. Also the staff were noisy in the early morning when walking past my room, not a huge issue as I was there on business but if one wanted to sleep in could be irritating.
It would be nice to have a safe in the room.
The staff were all friendly and always had a big smile for the guests.
Meal and bar prices are excellent.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank W9438DKjohnc

Thank you for the positive feedback! The renovation is now fully completed! Do visit us to see the new facelift at The Roof!! We even have our own Craft Beers exclusively brewed at The Roof and for our customers only!

Reviewed 21 August 2017

This was my first time in Namibia and I was quite happy with my accommodation at Roof of Africa. The reception and restaurant staff members were helpful and friendly. They organized transport to various locations in the city with little fuss. My only complaint would be the bed, which was too soft for my taste. But it was not a deal-breaker. I would have no qualms about staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! Please do keep us inform next time and request for a harder mattress! We do have these mattresses in some of the rooms. You may be gently surprised that we even have our own Craft Beers exclusively brewed on site and for our own customers only! Welcome back!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

I hate to write this review because the people who work at this "hotel" are super nice. The staff really are lovely and that's a big plus, but this place really needs to get its act together. The rooms are fine, basic but roomy. We had two rooms. The bathroom in one was not renovated, very run down. In the other, the toilet wouldn't flush. This is related to the fact they they pump their water up from the ground (as we discovered when the tank flooded next to our room) so when you flush, you have to wait several hours before you can flush again. If you are sharing a room, it makes for a rather unpleasant morning. In order to work the wifi, the TV must be turned on. Don't ask me why but that was a pain as I was trying to work and the TV was a distraction even with the volume off. There was major construction going on and the courtyard was a mess and noisy during the day. Finally the restaurant is very disappointing. The food is homemade but the prices are not. To stay here, costs only a little less than the Hilton in town and they are not comparable. Especially while this place is under construction, the prices should be significantly lower. I wouldn't recommend until they have upgraded the property or lowered their prices.

Room Tip: Not sure if there are rooms far from the pool but if so take them as the construction is noisy during the day.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank finny123

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write this review. My apologies as it is long overdue. We are upgrading our rooms one at a time. (We started off as a backpackers and there are far too many imperfections which we are working on for the last 20 years). The water flushing system is our experiment to conserve water especially in Windhoek where water is super scarce. Unfortunately it does not function well at times when the demands are high. We have terminated the system to avoid such inconvenience.
WIFI is a little awkward, and unfortunately until we found a new technical change, it remained. We have however, placed clear instruction manual to ease the process.
I wish to announce that the contruction work is finally completed! We even have our own Craft Beers exclusively brewed on site for our own customers only! I hope this may entice you to visit us again!

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Do not book into a hotel that does not disclose that it is busy with a huge renovation! This hotel should be closed by the government until the work is complete! This is a liability to tourists looking for accommodation, more importantly it is a serious blight on Windhoek tourism for allowing this to happen! Unacceptable that owners believe they can rest on their laurels and get away with it. As the owner you should disclose any discomfort any traveler may experience as your guest. This is the type of establishment that brings the entire country in disrepute.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank CassiusJones
Terri L, Owner at Roof of Africa Hotel Conference & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Hi Cassius, I noticed you have 4 reviews on Trip advisors, out of 4 reviews, 3 were terrible. I am sorry that so many accommodation provider has failed you.
At the time of reading your review as it published, the swimming pool were already functional. The lounging area and seating areas are all cleared up and all walk way paved. Looking very impressive as a matter of fact. The internal work of the building is a work of art, which I am very sure you have noticed. Nothing like it at all can one find such unique building structure all over Namibia and South Africa - not sure you have one in Worcester where you are from - needed to google to find out where the exact location is.
I do wonder - how do you know that the owners of this place are resting on their laurels? How do you know that other travellers are feeling the discomfort? Quite the contrary, we received many compliments on such marvellous architectural beauty on the creation. I am quite honoured that Roof of Africa Hotel has such immense influence in causing the entire country in disrepute!!! Shocking but good to know though!
I am always at the hotel to speak to you in person.