Le Louvre Hotel & Spa
Le Relais des Plateaux(Antananarivo)
USD 141*
USD 73*
USD 71*
USD 156*
USD 108*
Hotel de L'Avenue - Tana City Centre(Antananarivo)(Great Value!)
USD 53*
USD 58*
Sole Hotel(Antananarivo)
USD 30*
USD 28*
All reviewsjacaranda treesbusiness districtrooms are a bit smalllobby areanice restaurantfirst floorfine hotelwifi signalbreakfast buffetpresidential palacestaff servicesmall balconycentre of towna la carte menuwalking distancepleasant hotelhotel is located
Reviewed 5 October 2017

The hotel itself is nothing to write home about. It is first and foremost a business hotel. I decided to stay there because it Gustave Eiffel was an architect - the building is pretty and the inside staircase with a tropical garden has kept the panache of the art deco-ish industrial design. The room was ok - I booked a suite, apparently a good choice as some lower category rooms are not renovated. At 170 euros per day it was a good price.
The lobby of the hotel is basically a showroom of "arts and crafts: of questionable taste and outrageous prices - you can get better stuff at much lower prices elsewhere in the city.
My friend decided to have a massage at the spa of the hotel. Because the spa was being renovated, he was taken to a random conference room, and massaged by one hand of the masseuse, while she was texting with another hand - enough said about the "spa" part in the name of the hotel.

The service in the hotel, other than the massage, was quite good - the massage incident was reported to a GM, who is a no-nonsense Bulgarian woman, she did her best to resolve it. Waiter service at breakfast was outstanding.

So - attractive about this hotel is location and architecture. Service hit or miss. Would I come back? Well, I'm not sure I'll ever be back to Tana, so the question is very hypothetical.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
HotelLouvre, Manager at Le Louvre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Dear Georgy D,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for choosing Le Louvre Hôtel & Spa - Antananarivo and for taking of your spare time to share this valued feedback with us!

I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed the hotel itself for its historic structure and architecture, decoration, location and the service provided by our outstanding staff, from the waiters to our General Manager and kindly be ensured that this comment will be cascaded to the whole team.

We will work on to improve the cons you have stated during your stay and do not hesitate to get in touch with our decicated team for any further assistance needed.

We very much look forward to welcome you again in the future and once more, many thanks for choosing our property!

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on our last night in Madagascar. It's a pleasant hotel, only downside are the tiny rooms and bathrooms. Very friendly and helpful staff. We were even escorted to a restaurant nearby by their security guards. Breakfast was good and the fruit selection was excellent. Thank you to all the staff for making our stay pleasant.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
HotelLouvre, Manager at Le Louvre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear SuyangiG,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Le Louvre Hôtel & Spa - Antananarivo and for sharing of your spare time to leave this review!

I am thrilled to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us, with special highlights for the efficiency of the staff and the breakfast selection and please be sure that this comment will be cascaded to the whole team.

We very much look forward to welcome you again in the future and once more, all my special thanks for your choice!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Our tour group stayed here at the beginning and end of our tour for one night each.
When we arrived, we stayed in room 203 which was okay and quiet but old and small and the toilet seat had some big cracks and cut my partner's skin. The shower cubicle was tiny and it was hard to use the sliding doors as they are very old and easily could come off the rails. There was a kettle and good instant coffee and tea plus drinking water. We slept comfortably.
However, on our return, we were given room 226. We arrived at 4pm and had to wait for our room to be readied. When it was, we found it was tinier than the previous room with the double bed up against the wall and barely room for us to put our two bags down. The toilet also had a broken seat, there was no kettle and it was right next to where the cleaners were working so very noisy. Avoid this room! We decided we couldn't stand it so asked for another room. They kindly upgraded us to room 109. It was much bigger and nicer with a large verandah with a good view of the street. However there was no lock on this door and also the main door was a bit tricky to close. The bathroom was very nice but only one towel and cup was provided. There was a coffee machine but no coffee pods were available. We asked for another towel, no problem.
On our second visit we saw the pool below and it looked very nice (recently renovated I think) but were not told how to get to it.
We had both breakfast and dinner here. We enjoyed the a la carte menu which included some vegetarian but didn't think much of the buffet dinner. There was little vegetarian so special meals were made for the vegetarians in our group. The breakfast buffet was ok but no muesli. Actually never saw any muesli at all in Madagascar.
There is a bar but not much sitting room for a large group like us. They also ran out of gin pretty quickly.
But generally the staff were friendly and helpful.
It's apparently one of the safer areas of the city and we walked around during the day okay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
HotelLouvre, Manager at Le Louvre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Dear NettyA,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for choosing Le Louvre Hôtel & Spa - Antananarivo for your last stay in Madagascar and for sharing of your spare time to leave this review.

I really am sad to read that you were disappointed of some points of your experience with us and kindly be ensured that good note has been taken for all the cons stated above and that necessary actions will be taken.

The Spa just opened back its doors with a brand new space and I hope you to welcme you again in order for us to give you a bespoke experience since you appreciate the hotel itself and the efficiency of our dedicated staff.

We look forward to welcome you again and once more, many thanks for choosing our property!

Reviewed 22 September 2017

On the surface it looks good. But the reality is all different. Booked a room for a couple and upon arrival, everything was for one person. One towel, one glass and one serve of coffee. Bedside lamp did not work. Shower door broken. Air con directly on the bed resulting in a sore throat. Mini bar not refilled. Mosquitoes everywhere. Although all of this was reported, none of it was fixed. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
HotelLouvre, Manager at Le Louvre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Dear Hugh S,

I would, firstly, like to thank you for choosing Le Louvre Hôtel & Spa - Antananarivo for your last visit to Madagascar and also, for taking the time to share this feedback with us!

I regret to read that you did not have the experience you expected whilst you were staying here with us and I would like to apologize, in behalf of the whole team, for any inconvenience caused and please be ensured that this comment will be forwarded with the team so that necessary actions will be taken.

However, we do hope that you are willing to give us another chance for us to work on giving you a bespoke experience since we will renovate our STANDARD rooms soon and also, to try our other ranges of modern and spacefull rooms.

We very much look forward to welcome you again with us and please, do not hesitate to get in touch with us should you require any assistance!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

I spent 2 nights in Le Louvre Hotel. I have to say I was quite disappointed of the stay. First of all, all the access to the swimming pool & spa were closed for renovation. I can understand that it needs to be renovated from time to time, but when your main activities in the hotel are shut down, the least you can do is to compensate by something else. I paid the same price as if it was opened, which makes it quite unfair.

Secondly I would say that the rooms really need to be cleaned better. The moisture is not really pleasant when you take a shower.

For the rest I have to say that the hotel is correct and the staff friendly.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
HotelLouvre, Manager at Le Louvre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear vincentghek,

I really am sad to read that you were disappointed of your experience with us, especially for the unavailability of the Spa and the price of the rooms since the Spa was closed. Good note has been taken for all the cons stated above and please be ensured that necessary actions will be taken.

The Spa just opened back its doors with a brand new space and I hope you will give us another try to give you a bespoke experience with us since you appreciate the hotel itself and the efficiency of our dedicated staff.