USD 58
USD 163
USD 157
Hotels.com
USD 120
Tribute Guest House - Matala(Maseru)(Great Value!)
USD 40
USD 219
USD 212
Hotels.com
Blue Crane B&B(Maseru)(Great Value!)
USD 42
USD 41
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsvery comfortable stayrestaurant serves very good foodbusiness meetingvery friendly and helpful staffself cateringa great staychaletflatsmallwifitvmixturesecuritycorridorpremisesunitskingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

We spend two nights at Lancer's Inn during a business trip. Last night, I went to reception to ask if our TV could be fixed, so that my partner could watch soccer while we were working. The lovely Agnes arranged for a technician to come out, & when the TV proved to be u fixable, she very kindly moved us to a room with a much nicer (working) TV. We ended up having to work until way past midnight, but at least we did so with Portugal winning the UEFA Cup in the background. Thank you, Agnes - I hope your boss reads this

I found the dining room, with its fireplace going early in the cold Maseru morning, & in the evenings, very welcoming. The trout was delicious & the wine ridiculously affordable, & the breakfast really good.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Kyra H
Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

Simple setting conveniently located but lacks comfort in the rooms some have very old TVs bad selection of channels bathrooms need much improvement in most rooms not really value for money just lack of selection available in Maseru bathrooms and beds biggest let down

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2016

I spent 5 weeks in Maseru on a job assignment and staying in one of the self contained flats at Lancers saved me. It is a lovely and homely place and the owners make every effort to ensure your stay is comfortable. Very friendly and helpful staff and the location could not be better. Although the flat I stayed in was a bit dated, it was very comfortable and the ambiance and extremely well tended grounds made up for it.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank mjLincs
Reviewed 16 March 2016

I was posted on assignment in Maseru for roughly three weeks and Lancer's Inn was highly recommended. I was a bit sceptical at first as the bigger hotels seemed more appealing. But having stayed at Lancer's, it truly is a wonderful oasis right in the middle of the city.

It's really a compound of detached and semi-detached flats, chalets and rondavels (round, thatched roof, villas) with lovely gardens filled with roses and local flora. I stayed in what would be a conventional style hotel room with en-suite bathroom which had both a bath and a shower. The bedroom was spacious and airy. I was very comfortable. There was a proper desk and chair for work and I could choose to turn of the air conditioning and open windows or the top half of the door and look out into the garden. The landscaping in Lancer's is simply lovely and I enjoyed early mornings or late evenings of just waling and taking pictures of the garden.

The food at Lancer's Inn restaurant was good and inexpensive and I had little incentive to dine out elsewhere. Their salads were great and I enjoyed their lamb particularly. Breakfast was the least exciting but it sufficed.

The major convenience of Lancer's is its proximity to everything. The shopping mall within easy walking distance with a great supermarket as well as another grocery store, Shoprite, just across the road. It's also within easy reach of the Central bank and the Ministry of Finance and a comfortable walk to other eating places.

Internet at Lancer's is not free. You pay 120 maloti for a 1 GB internet access. That' under US$10 and it lasted me almost two weeks. However, I got one card for my laptop and one for my phone so that's why it probably lasted so long.

As a female traveller on her own, I felt very safe and secure. I was comfortable walking across the road to the supermarket and down Pioneer Road to the mall.

A very good experience and I would definitely stay again. The main drawback for me, no BBC or CNN. I really missed having access to one or both these news channels. Given the number of European and American travellers, I think Lancer's should consider including this among their cable selection.

Thanks to Emmanuelle who worked at the front desk. He was so pleasant and very very helpful.

Room Tip: If you want to have a fridge and microwave, book a small flat rather than a guest room.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Michele R
Reviewed 16 February 2016

My work arranged my accommodations at Lancer's Inn during my first trip to Maseru. I was pleasantly surprised to find this wonderful place located in the middle of a very busy, not-so-nice looking area of the city. The compound is behind a high fence with a security guard at the entrance.

I stayed in Chalet 3 for my 2-week trip. Located in the back of the property, the chalets are small apartments with combination living room, dining room and fully-equipped kitchen (microwave, refrigerator, 4-burner cooktop, electric kettle, all dishes and pots and pans), a bathroom, and bedroom with queen-sized bed and plenty of storage. My chalet was very comfortable and clean, as well as quiet. The AC was perfect. My TV had only 1 channel, a somewhat odd selection from South Africa that showed original Seinfeld episodes, old WWF bouts, and the South African version of Scandal. I had little time for TV so never asked at the front desk if I had more choices!

The front desk staff, especially Emmanuel, was great from check in to check out. The young woman who serviced my chalet everyday was sweet. The guards at the front gate were also friendly.

There is a Happy Hour every Tuesday for long-term guests that includes hordevours and an open bar. I did not eat at the restaurant during my stay but from other reviews on this site, it would have been a great experience.

Internet is not free, my only "complaint" about Lancer's. Prices vary from 70R to 120R for 500MB to 2GB. With the US dollar-Rand currency exchange rate, it actually ended up being quite inexpensive. If you work in your room, just buy the 2GB as you will blow through it faster than you realize!

Since I had a kitchen and was staying for 2 weeks, I walked to the Pick-N-Pay just down the street at the Pioneer Mall and purchased groceries. It has everything you could want at reasonable prices. There is another grocery store just across the street from Lancer's.

The Lancer's Inn grounds are beautifully landscaped and maintained. The grass is lush. The pool is lovely.

As a single female traveler, I was concerned about safety. I felt perfectly safe walking to and from Pick-N-Pay as well as to my office. I walked alone but only during the daytime. Once 5-6 pm rolls around, there is a very different vibe to the street and I felt a bit uncomfortable the one time I walked that late. It is not safe to walk at night for anyone. Perfect Cab is vetted by my company and is the preferred mode of transportation (cost is 30R for a trip anywhere in Maseru).

What else to do in Maseru: Eat at No. 7. Shop at the Basotho Hat. Take a trip to the TY weavers and eat lunch at Blue Mountain Inn. Learn about Lesotho history at Thaba Bosiu. Review golesotho.co.za.

If you need health care: go to Wilie's Hospital, one of two private hospitals in Maseru owned by a delightful husband-wife physician team. You'll get good health care with a very personal and friendly touch.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business