All reviews sea view room service the club lounge great spa an oasis infinity pool poolside bar food quality f b very friendly and helpful staff excellent room great hotel the nicest hotels staff training pizza every morning enjoyed my stay
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

The Sheraton Grand is a game changer for the hotel landscape in Guinea. The rooms are top quality that one expects from top of the line hotels. They are sea view which also great views of sunsets over the Atlantic. Sitting next to the landing station for the submarine cable, the hotel easily has the best internet connection allowing access to needed office VPN activity. The only issue can be tortuously slow travel to city center. This can be reduced by judicious management of travel times. On the other hand it is the hotel closest to the airport.
These minor inconveniences are compensated by beautiful landscaped gardens. There is a great spa and a well equipped exercise room.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2018

I stayed at Sheraton Conakry for few weeks and it is located by the ocean and all rooms have ocean views. Each room has a balcony and the ocean view and sun set is breath taking. The room is spacious, comfortable bed and clean. The room is well equipped and the air conditioning system is excellent and adjustable according to your need. The room has flat screen TV, mini bar, safe, fast WiFi and office desk. The bath room is big and the necessary amenities are available. Especially, the shower space is wide enough and easy to have a shower. The lodging includes breakfast but I found it to be the same always and for a person who stays longer could get tired of it in short period. I suggest change the varieties each day or at least every three days so that the guests don’t repeat what they ate today tomorrow. The food quality in general is good but there is a room for improvement increasing the qualities. On the ground floor, there is pastries and sandwich place and it is an alternate when you don’t want to eat at the restaurants. The prices for food and drinks are a bit expensive and it is understandable since the hotel is high standard hotel.

The staffs at reception and swimming pool restaurant are helpful and friendly. The house keeping clean the rooms nicely but sometimes you can find your room un-cleaned when you come back at 5pm. In general, the hotel is good and I encourage the management in improving those mentioned above.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

I recently visited Sheraton Grand Conakry on a business trip. My first impressions on the hotel was it was nice & big, the reception area was nice & bright.
Check in was fast, keycard was waiting as I arrived which was good as it was 0300 in the morning.
The room was nice, big very airy & well lit. All rooms are sea-facing which is very good as the view is superb. The bed was nice & comfortable had loads of space. The food in the hotel varies it all depends on what you like, I found the meat in the hotel rather chewy but was ok. Room service in the hotel is a slight problem as the English isn’t the best & they often get multiple orders wrong. Room service takes about 45mins to 1hr30mins to arrive (times I even forgot I ordered food). The staff in the hotel are very polite you cannot say a bad word about them as they are very very helpful even tho the language at times is a real barrier. The downside is the room was only cleaned 3 outta the 6 days & I had to ring to complain about the cleaners not cleaning the room on a regular basis.
The hotel WiFi is very very good so that came handy as the reception in Guinea on English phones isn’t the greatest.
The pool area is nice & clean as the gardeners tidy it up every morning & throughout the day.
Overall anyone who visits Guinea I would recommend the Sheraton Grand Conakry

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the sheraton Grand Conakry for my Birthday and i had an incredible time. The staff was always there to accomodate my every wish and they even gave me a surprise for my birthday. The food was great, the view is amazing but most of all the service is first class.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2018

This hotel has great rooms and a great coastal view. It is clean and most items in the room work. The lighting and internet are excellent. The bed is so comfy as it is with all Sheratons. The pool is warm and clean. Grade of A for the hotel overall, but F for the club lounge, and staff follow-through.

Avoid paying for the club lounge. I have stayed in hundreds of Marriotts and Starwoods worldwide, and this one has perhaps the worst food, and amazingly they don’t seem to care. Guests in the lounge complain a lot, and the same staff say over and over they are sorry, but nothing changes at all. One staff member even told me they are asking for better food, but the chefs are stubborn. Almost every day there are fish and samosas which practically no one eats. The rare tasty items served are gone in minutes and replaced usually with more fish and samosas. Their goal seems to be to serve things that will not run out (i.e. no one eats). One of our group said they ate the fish and got sick. When served, the beef is usually too hard to even cut through with a knife, so forget eating it. I insisted one evening that the chef and staff member apologizing actually TASTE the beef. They did, and it was removed immediately. The next night it was back and just as tough. The tiny salad dishes look colorful, but don’t taste very good. The diet sodas are out frequently. One time when I asked the lounge staff to restock the diet sodas, he said he had been instructed not to restock them because too many of the diet sodas were consumed. Do they really prefer for guests to drink the more expensive alcohol? Several of us noted the dissatisfaction with the lounge in a senior staff reception as well, but none of the senior managers seem to care. I am left with the impression that the hotel sees the lounge as a necessary evil that they are not interested in putting any more effort into than is absolutely required by Starwood or Marriott.

Right now there is no competition, but Radisson is coming soon.

Room tip: All rooms have good views of the coast!
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Said M, Manager at Sheraton Grand Conakry, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding most the hotel and rooms aspects, products and services.

However, we offer our sincerest apologies for the less than satisfactory experience that you had in regards of the Club Lounge experience on this occasion.

We passed your comments to the Food and Beverage Manager and our culinary team for the review and we are actively reconsidering our offerings with your remarks in mind.

We would love to have you come back next time you are in the area to see the changes we have made and provide your valuable feedback.

We highly value your patronage and genuinely hope you will give us the opportunity to be of service and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

SAID MAHROUS