See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 June 2017

the worst hotel experience I have had in my life. the place stinks. reeks rather. do not risk your life eating here. words fail me... Broken furniture, worn out carpets, damp in the walls and a atmosphere less pleasant than The Shining are probably the best this place has to offer

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank H3resJohnny
Reviewed 24 May 2017

Been there for business and I would like to say "no comments" to avoid saying something about this hotel. Honestly, it’s a shame how this place is still open.
It looks like Shining movie hotel. Completely empty and scaring despite it could be exceptional considering the property. It do not deserve the money they ask.
I arrived few days before the other colleagues and was alone in the hotel. Around the hotel is impossible to find places to eat (it is a kind of residential area) so if you are alone and don’t want to take a taxi you are forced to order food at the hotel.
Despite the lack of customers, I have waited 1 hour to get a dish of food (boiled rice and a grilled fish) which came cold. Indeed, I underlined several times that I do not tolerate spicy/hot food, but the plain rice and fish were covered by a red super spicy/hot sauce that went everywhere. I was hungry and pregnant so I ate the cold and hot food trying to avoid to go on fire for the hot chili sauce.
Room service is the same... it takes ages, but at least you are in your room instead of an empty restaurant.
The worst happened one day when I came back to my room and found a strong chemical smell inside the room. I opened the door and window and waited about 20 minutes close to the window. My eyes started dropping and I felt really bad with nausea and hemicranias. Therefore, I decided to go to the front desk. They minimized saying it was just a product against insects and - as they did not trusted me-they sent an employee with me to check. When I opened the door and asked him to get in with me he just said, “No sorry I can’t” holding his nose close. Therefore, at the reception they asked me to leave the room giving me a downgraded one. I moved, but as I was still feeling bad and I was pregnant, I requested several times to provide me with the name/composition of the chemical used in the room in order to check with my gynecologist. After my insistent requests they provided me the composition of the product which was very toxic and forbidden in a huge number of countries. I received no excuses from anybody.
Never again, considering that there are places so nice in Accra

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank DeCat1981
MPlazaHotel, Manager at M Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Cherished guest, we thank you for the feedback on our services during your stay in our hotel. We do appreciate your feedback and thank you for highlighting areas requiring more attention in our operation. The hotel endeavours to make each guest stay pleasant and also have service recovery methods in place to recover a service from getting bad to the satisfaction of our cherished guest. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. The housekeeping department service each guest room with approved cleaning detergent for guest safety and in instances where a guest due to personal reasons wants their room to be serviced without the house cleaning detergent that request is granted to make the guest stay enjoyable.
Having been in the hospitality industry for more than 10 years we still strive to make each guest stay pleasant and encourage our guest to consolidate our efforts by telling us how we can make their stay enjoyable before check-in, during check-in and during the entire stay of the guest. We humbly request that you visit us again when you are in Ghana to see all the measures put in place from your feedback.
We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2016

Looking imposant like the Pantheon on the Acropolos in Athen the in-house reality is quite different, with a regularly un-manned reception desk at the ground floor, non-functioning fridge in the room, very poor quality breakfast, squeeking doors, non-functioning swimming pool, and poor internet connection. A 'no-go' option based on my experience and especially for the price they as for. On the positive side, the hotel is located 20-30 min drive away from the airport (the travel time depends on the situatiuon of the traffic).

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
MPlazaHotel, Manager at M Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2017

Thank you for the feedback on the level of service received from us during your visit in October 2016.
As a well travelled guest we recognize your high taste for quality and comfort.
We have reviewed the areas in your feedback and addressed the issues to ensure your next visit becomes enjoyable.
We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 26 February 2016

Stayed here on a business trip and sadly it is even more empty than 5 years ago when here last. the rooms were clean at least functioning but it cannot compensate for the empty feeling. The breakfast buffe was not upto standard : poor quality products, no butter/margarine for toast , no fruit no juice and extremely poor coffee.W e moved after one night.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank jmb20002015
MPlazaHotel, Manager at M Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

Thank you Cherished Guest for the feedback on our Food and Beverage Services. We have attached importance to this feedback and measures have been taken to ensure your next stay becomes enjoyable. Additionally the Food and Beverage Manager is always available for any discussion on how to make your breakfast experience better.

Reviewed 30 January 2016

A standard hotel with good etho and peaceful environment with courteous staff and very good restaurants on different floors, with swimming pool and exercise facilities. However, electric supply needs to be continuous and appliances need to be perfect working condition all the time for all the guests

Room Tip: Rooms on the posterior side are more quiet
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business

Cherieshed Guest, we do appreciate the feedback on the services received during your stay in January,2016.
We apologise for the negative experience with our electric supply and have worked on it to ensure your next visit becomes pleasant.
The team at M Plaza hotel endeavours to make each guest stay memorable, we will be happy you stay with us again to experience our improved services.
Thank you.