See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 April 2015

Excellent hotel. I stayed here for 06 days. Good ambiance , spacious rooms with tv programmes.Very friendly staff and one can have purely African cuisine. Really marvelous food. Excellent swimming pool with the facility of swimming instructors.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are pool view and quieter
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Gautam2421
MPlazaHotel, Manager at M Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2015

we thank you for the feedback on our services and the compliment.
we will do our best to ensure your next visit even becomes more enjoyable

Reviewed 16 March 2015

I first stayed in this hotel way back since 2002; as such this review may not in any way be the true reflection of things nowadays but it´s also nice for people to give an account of their experience too.
This hotel was certainly one the best if not the very best in Ghana then.
A colleague of mine and I stayed two weeks while waiting to be mobilized for a job offshore. The staffs were very nice to us. The rooms were well furnished with the items in the minibar ridiculously expensive. This hotel used to house government official, diplomats and Presidents from other countries visiting Ghana etc.
The restaurant made me love Ghanaian cuisines.
It´s so sad to see very unpleasant reviews about this same place that used to be classiest place to stay in just less than 15 years ago….African wake-up!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Omotayo F

cherished guest, we thank you for giving us feedback on our services.

We have taken note of your comment as well as comments from all the reviews and put measures in place to ensure the M Plaza brand maintains its unique standard operating procedures.

We urge you to visit us again for a memorable stay.

Reviewed 20 February 2015

It looks beautiful, it have beautiful pool, big beautiful restaurant, gym, nice exterior... but rooms are very, very poor. I was there about 40 days, I changed 3 rooms and every one have the same problem. When you shower - all the water don't go to drain as you would think - it poured in your bathroom. Yes. After you take a bath you will stand in 2-3 cm of water that poured from your bathtub. Beds are big but mattresses are old and not so good. You can enter in room without a key, locks are poor. Hotel loose electrical power every now and then but hotel have it's own power supply (very, very loud) so if you're lucke to have your room very close to it - I hope you can sleep in such noise. Food is very good but service is just terrible. You can wait for an hour, sometimes even more just to see the waiter, then about half an hour up to hour and a half to see your food or drinks. In a bar near pool you can sometime wait for two hours, just to see the waiter. When you order drink - they probably don't have it cold (but in the restaurant, 30 m away they have it but who's gonna bring it from there???). Internet room have very slow internet but aditional problem is that sometimes you have to wait untill somenone get there, to pay him and to receive username and password to use it. Once I was waiting for almost two hours, after that I went to a local internet caffee. It was once great hotel, now it need big investments in interiour and better service. It cost much more than you get for your money.

Room Tip: Check bathrooms and drain, check if you can open room without a key, choose view on a pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Hrvoje A
Reviewed 12 February 2015

The not so good - The hotel has an outdated feel about it. My first impression that it was probably built during colonial times and was subjected to facelifts over time. Getting around the place is a bit irritating. Especially the walk to the respective dining rooms especially if one is in the rooms on the other side of the dining area (hard to explain in the review). The Wifi was poor most of the time I stayed there. The shower was not exactly a refreshing experience (it didn't help that the light switch for the bathroom is so far from the bathroom itself).

My overhead fan had lights that couldn't be switched off, so for me who can't stand sleeping with the aircon on, my lights were on all night (Accra is hot and humid - some form of aircooling is needed to get a decent sleep).

The dining rooms have an air of an old boarding school. Not very chic. The service at Dinner was rather slow, and the one man manning the place was clearly overwhelmed.

The Good - It is close to the airport. The staff are friendly and helpful (a bit of bad - they were so helpful that the helped a garment salesperson call my room to market his ware). The breakfast was goodish. (I will ignore that they open one hour after the stipulated time).

Mplaza is a place that could do much better.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We got a good price but this hotel is past it's prime. The pool had floaties, and the Raid bug spray was still lingering very strongly in our rooms. The breakfast and service was excellent. Free shuttle to the airport and free wifi.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business