“Great place to stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Sitting Room of Family 2-BRM Apt Sitting Room of Family 2-BRM Apt
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Double Bed with curtain decor in the second bedroom of the 2-BRM
One of the Twin Beds in Family 2-BRM Apt
King Sized Bedroom in Family 2-BRM Apt (This for the Adult Couple or Parents)
Window Area to the Kitchen of Family 2-BRM Apt
Kitchen Area for Family 2-BRM Apt with the Fridge on the right
A close up shot of the Fridge on the Right with the Microwave sitting on the Kitchen Cabinet.
The New Shower House of Family Master Bathroom
The Washing basin and Bathroom Mirror of Family Master Bedroom Bathhouse
Shot of WC, Washing Basin and Mirror of Family Master Bedroom Bathhouse
The New Shower House for Bathroom with Twin Beds
Front View and Upper of the Building
The Outside of the Apartment, currently the tress have cut off to make way for renovation.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

jimmy668
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 19 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015

I've stayed here twice now, in September 2014 and again in September 2015, for a couple of weeks each. The location is fantastic, just a couple of minutes walk away from the famous Oxford Street, the heart of Accra.

I prefer the apartment to staying in a hotel as it is far more spacious, with a bedroom, large living room, bathroom and kitchen. In the latter there is a fridge-freezer and cooker which allows you to prepare your own food (which you can bring from the big Shoprite supermarket a couple of hundred yards away). Given the central location, there are always plenty of taxis passing by at all hours for those who wish to get out and about (don't forget to haggle!)

The owner, Theresa, is very friendly and helpful. The internet had some problems while I was there: I let her know and she came the same day with a mobile wi-fi for me to use for the rest of my stay. The apartment doesn't have its own generator, but the electricity situation improved markedly between 2014 and 2015. In my first trip, the power went off six or seven times during the two weeks, normally for between four to six hours. In my second trip, it only went off three times in total over the fortnight. A powerful torch is provided by management for when this does happen, so you can use that, or go and explore Oxford Street.

There is a cable TV hookup provided as well. This is a basic package, so no sports or movies, but it has news and other channels.

Security is good - the apartment building is in its own compound, which is locked in the evening (residents have a key for their apartment and also for the compound gate), and there is a watchman present as well. Theresa was also good enough to send a gentleman round to clean the apartment and change my bedsheets on the middle weekend of my stay.

Overall, it was a very pleasant stay, and I hope to return in 2016.

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
27 Nov 2015
Thank you James. Looking forward to seeing you in 2016.
Birmingham
Reviewed 21 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Liberia
Reviewed 22 July 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Bonny Island
Reviewed 1 June 2013 for a stay in August 2012

A romantic getaway
Roodluck
Liberia
“Good Value for the price!”
Reviewed 27 December 2012 for a stay in December 2012
people found this review helpful

I spent 1 week in this apartment with my wife and my 2 kids. We were quite pleased overall.

The owner (Theresa) is very nice. She organized the pick up at the airport and also helped us to have a nanny to take care of the kids while we were away having fun.

Only 2 little disappointments:

- The bathroom are not as advertised. Without any curtain or any kind of separation with the rest of the room, after each shower, we had 2 inches of water to clean up. We were told by the owner to ask the help of the security guard but we didn't feel it appropriate to invite him to cross our bedroom after each shower.

- The security guard only work at night, not 24h as advertized.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The availability and flexibility of the owner - Not far from good restaurants and hot spots
Liked least: - The bathrooms
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
27 Dec 2012
We are changing all the baths, so far we have done the 2-BRM Downstairs and the 1-BRM Upstairs, but we are yet to install the shower house for this apartment and we did apologize for that and asked that they could use the security to mob up when the water spills.

Under Security, we stated that we have regular night security, but it is 24hr security in the sense that regular security comes at night and during the day, we have our workers around and people going up and down, so there is no need to worry about your safety. Our staff were not around because this time round all the apartments were occupied so staff were engaged somewhere else.

But at least they will agree that everything shown on this site is exactly as you see except the bath which will be done very soon.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing