Review Highlights
"AMAZING 2-WEEK ETHIOPIAN TOUR WITH BOUNDLESS"

To start, Hans the owner of Boundless Ethiopian Tours was just amazing. I emailed him several... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
sup409
West New York, New Jersey
A truly remarkable experience

Boundless Ethiopia came highly recommended from a friend; that recommendation was spot on. Hans... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
markus027
Los Angeles, California

All reviews van der guide driver traveling companion making suggestions simien mountains ethiopia tours answered all our questions safe hands day trip amazing country cultural show great tour company internal flights wonderful trip bahir dar national park danakil depression
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

We contacted the company for a car renting. They provided a very nice car and a guide/driver (Amare) who was excelent. We planned our trip by ourselves, but Hans and Amare helped and assisted during all the preparation and during the trip worh suggestions, places to visit,...
Specially apreciated the assistance of Amare when it came to coordinate woth other local guides, specially the logistics in Simien Mountains worked very well.
So we are very happy with the service, as it was much more than simply renting car and guide, they were always very involved in all.
I’m sure they follow same philosophy when it comes to prepare full packages, sure we’ll go back to ethiopia for other destinations (which an amazing country!) and will contact them again!

Reviewed 12 April 2018

I cannot recommend Boundless Ethiopia highly enough. Hans and his team organized our 10-day trip to Ethiopia in a very personal, efficient and proactive way. The team is very responsive to all questions, offers excellent recommendations and Hans checked in regularly during our trip to see if everything was ok. Everything was arranged with the greatest attention to detail. leaving us to sit back and enjoy our holiday.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We travelled with Boundless Ethiopia Tours in March 2018 during two weeks. We were very happy with the entire tour as well as with the organisation! Our guide and driver, Esayas, is a very experienced and careful driver and guide. We appreciate him a lot.
Hans usually responded our mails within hours, very good!
During our tour we also visited Danakil. Hans cooperated with Worldsun for this 3 days trip- Worldsun was also very good.

Boundless Ethiopia Tours is very professional. We can definitly recommend it! Thank you Hans and Esayas!

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

After considerable research, we chose Boundless Ethiopia to organize our 10 day tour of northern Ethiopia. We are very happy and very satisfied with the tour we just completed!

Hans van der Haar is the consummate professional. He arranged our internal flights, and coordinated some complicated logistics so we could travel with our son, who flew in from Uganda.
He listened to our needs, and (despite a very brief lead time) managed to arrange an exceptional visit to the historic north.
We very much appreciated meeting Hans at a cultural center the first evening, to experience a smorgasbord of songs and dances from all over Ethiopia, and enjoy a delicious vegetarian buffet.

Our drivers and guides were excellent, and went the extra measure to ensure our interests were met. The hospitality at the Monarch Hotel (Addis Ababa), Jacaranda Hotel (Bahar Dar), Befiker Kosoye Lodge (north of Gondar), Sabean Hotel (Axum) and the Harbe Hotel (Lalibela) was welcoming and warm.

Without any hesitation, we highly recommend Boundless Ethiopia!

Reviewed 18 February 2018

In the months/weeks before departure Hans was really good at keeping in touch, following my requests but also making suggestions and also telling me when a flight was cancelled and rearranging the itinerary

. He helped me choose the hotels, which, with the exception of the one in Harar, all turned out to be excellent. There isn't a lot of choice there. However, Hans, who had strongly encouraged me to go to Harar, was right about it being very special. It was a huge highlight and totally untouristy.

Limalimo Lodge in the Simian mountains was also a particularly wonderful and memorable experience. I had already decided to stay there but Hans strongly endorsed that choice.

When I got to Ethiopia the trip ran like clockwork. I had a fantastic guide, Alex, who came on the whole trip. He is only 25, but very helpful, and caring, with excellent English - and also fun to talk with. It was just him and me, with a big age difference, but I found him ideal.

The vans in the places where I drove for shorter distances weren't great but I had the wonderful new Landcruiser for the long drives to and around the Simian mountains.

All in all, in a country where things could easily go wrong, Boundless Ethiopia made it easy and stress free. Many thanks to Hans and Alex.