Review Highlights
"AMAZING 2-WEEK ETHIOPIAN TOUR WITH BOUNDLESS"

Reviewed 6 days ago
sup409
West New York, New Jersey
A truly remarkable experience

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
markus027
Los Angeles, California

All reviews van der guide driver traveling companion making suggestions simien mountains ethiopia tours answered all our questions safe hands day trip amazing country cultural show great tour company internal flights wonderful trip bahir dar national park danakil depression
Reviewed 6 days ago

To start, Hans the owner of Boundless Ethiopian Tours was just amazing. I emailed him several times while planning our itinerary and after several weeks of shared e-mails he finally set up the perfect itinerary for us. He is on top of his game and cares about his clients. Our itinerary was flawless and if we had any small issues, I would just call Hans and he would take care of it. We started our trip after getting picked up from the airport in Adddis Adaba with a small city tour and our great informative guide Alex and continued to our destination where we visited several of the Omo River Tribes, what can i say, just an amazing cultural experience. Our guide for that area and visiting the tribes for several days was Getahun Habte, he was amazing and so knowledgeable. I wish we could have spent more time with him, he is the perfect guide/driver you can possibly have. I am proud to say he is my friend and we now maintain in contact. We also hiked the volcano Erta Ale and camped out at the top for the night. what an experience that was, it just got more and more amazing as the days went by.... Its unbelievable how good the food was that was cooked outdoors on the premises, really great. We then visited Dallol and the Danakil Depression (the hottest place on earth) and let me tell you, it was really hot.... The pictures I took there are out of this world. This place looks like something out of a sci-fi movie. Our guides that were set-up by Hans for this tour were also really amazing to say the least. We then went to Lalibela and were met with our new guide Endayene Kasaye and our driver Ephrem Assafa. We spent 2-days visiting the Rock-Hewn Churches and other sites and markets in the area. This place is a World Heritage Sight and is unbelievable.......Our guide and driver were very attentive to all our needs, top notch. All in all every hotel, cottage that we stayed at throughout our 2-weeks were very pleasing and comfortable for the areas we were visiting. Food and service throughout our 2-weeks was first rate. We even got to meet Hans for a farewell dinner on our last day and were really happy to meet with him and go over our experience throughout the trip. I can literally write a small book about our experiences in this Ethiopian trip, if i had the time. This was the most intense cultural experience i have ever had, that people only read about and Hans (Boundless Ethiopian Tours) made it happen. Thank you so much......We look forward to another amazing trip with your company....

Your Friends Tony & Maria

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Boundless Ethiopia came highly recommended from a friend; that recommendation was spot on. Hans immediately returned my email and started working on a tour tailored to my time and interests. Within a few days, we came up with a great plan and I was supremely confident that it would be great . . . and it certainly was. From the moment I arrived in Addis to the moment I left a week later, my trip was wonderful. Every guide and every driver that I worked with was kind, smart and put their all into making my trip successful. They made me feel more than safe, I felt cared for. I learned, saw and experienced so much; much than I could have ever expected. I truly had a remarkable experience in Ethiopia, thanks to Hans and everyone at Boundless Ethiopia.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am just back from a trip using Boundless. We were a group of three travelling and we had set the itinerary ourselves with the support of Boundless. It was a fantastic trip and I was there for a week and we covered alot. Our driver/guide Esayus was fantastic, always smiling and beyond helpful! The accommodation they had organised for us was heavenly and the guides they chose were amazing. I would use them again tomorrow and would highly recommend.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Boundless Ethiopia offers the most rewarding trips in a beautiful country. The service throughout the whole journey was great and there was nothing we could do but sit back and enjoy the holiday. Definitely recommended and great value.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

We contacted the company for a car renting. They provided a very nice car and a guide/driver (Amare) who was excelent. We planned our trip by ourselves, but Hans and Amare helped and assisted during all the preparation and during the trip worh suggestions, places to visit,...
Specially apreciated the assistance of Amare when it came to coordinate woth other local guides, specially the logistics in Simien Mountains worked very well.
So we are very happy with the service, as it was much more than simply renting car and guide, they were always very involved in all.
I’m sure they follow same philosophy when it comes to prepare full packages, sure we’ll go back to ethiopia for other destinations (which an amazing country!) and will contact them again!

Reviewed 12 April 2018

I cannot recommend Boundless Ethiopia highly enough. Hans and his team organized our 10-day trip to Ethiopia in a very personal, efficient and proactive way. The team is very responsive to all questions, offers excellent recommendations and Hans checked in regularly during our trip to see if everything was ok. Everything was arranged with the greatest attention to detail. leaving us to sit back and enjoy our holiday.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We travelled with Boundless Ethiopia Tours in March 2018 during two weeks. We were very happy with the entire tour as well as with the organisation! Our guide and driver, Esayas, is a very experienced and careful driver and guide. We appreciate him a lot.
Hans usually responded our mails within hours, very good!
During our tour we also visited Danakil. Hans cooperated with Worldsun for this 3 days trip- Worldsun was also very good.

Boundless Ethiopia Tours is very professional. We can definitly recommend it! Thank you Hans and Esayas!

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

After considerable research, we chose Boundless Ethiopia to organize our 10 day tour of northern Ethiopia. We are very happy and very satisfied with the tour we just completed!

Hans van der Haar is the consummate professional. He arranged our internal flights, and coordinated some complicated logistics so we could travel with our son, who flew in from Uganda.
He listened to our needs, and (despite a very brief lead time) managed to arrange an exceptional visit to the historic north.
We very much appreciated meeting Hans at a cultural center the first evening, to experience a smorgasbord of songs and dances from all over Ethiopia, and enjoy a delicious vegetarian buffet.

Our drivers and guides were excellent, and went the extra measure to ensure our interests were met. The hospitality at the Monarch Hotel (Addis Ababa), Jacaranda Hotel (Bahar Dar), Befiker Kosoye Lodge (north of Gondar), Sabean Hotel (Axum) and the Harbe Hotel (Lalibela) was welcoming and warm.

Without any hesitation, we highly recommend Boundless Ethiopia!

Reviewed 18 February 2018

In the months/weeks before departure Hans was really good at keeping in touch, following my requests but also making suggestions and also telling me when a flight was cancelled and rearranging the itinerary

. He helped me choose the hotels, which, with the exception of the one in Harar, all turned out to be excellent. There isn't a lot of choice there. However, Hans, who had strongly encouraged me to go to Harar, was right about it being very special. It was a huge highlight and totally untouristy.

Limalimo Lodge in the Simian mountains was also a particularly wonderful and memorable experience. I had already decided to stay there but Hans strongly endorsed that choice.

When I got to Ethiopia the trip ran like clockwork. I had a fantastic guide, Alex, who came on the whole trip. He is only 25, but very helpful, and caring, with excellent English - and also fun to talk with. It was just him and me, with a big age difference, but I found him ideal.

The vans in the places where I drove for shorter distances weren't great but I had the wonderful new Landcruiser for the long drives to and around the Simian mountains.

All in all, in a country where things could easily go wrong, Boundless Ethiopia made it easy and stress free. Many thanks to Hans and Alex.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

I booked a weekend trip to Wenchi for my co-worker and me with Boundless Ethiopia. My bad--I booked for the wrong week. I became worried when Hans, with whom I was corresponding, wasn't sending me information like my driver's name and number. I was on at the airport from another city on Friday at 4:30 PM, frantically emailing Hans for information, when I realized my mistake--that I had booked for the next weekend. Hans was amazing. Within half an hour he had changed the Negash Lodge reservation, figured out a way to get us to Wenchi, and arranged a guide/driver for Sunday. All with a (email) smile. We so appreciated his creativity and flexibility. What could have been a mess was no problem at all (at least for us).
We thoroughly enjoyed our trip. Negash Lodge has its charms and plenty of negatives, but it was great to see lots of beautiful foliage and incredibly active monkeys. The trip to Wenchi was fantastic, and our guide was very solicitous of my traveling companion, who had been sick.
We really lucked out, both with the timing of our visit, given the strike that started the next day, and with having Hans be so wonderful about fixing the complications caused by my error.