“Weekend trip to Wenchi with Boundless - Hans was amazing.”

Boundless Ethiopia Tours
Ranked #6 of 145 Tours in Addis Ababa
More attraction details
Owner description: Boundless Ethiopia Tours is your perfect local partner for all your traveling needs in Ethiopia. We are based in Addis Ababa and accredited by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism. No matter your interest, time-frame or budget, we are specialists in tailor-making a tour to suit your needs and wishes. With personal attention and care. We warmly welcome you to explore, discover and experience boundless Ethiopia with us!
Reviewed 18 February 2018

I booked a weekend trip to Wenchi for my co-worker and me with Boundless Ethiopia. My bad--I booked for the wrong week. I became worried when Hans, with whom I was corresponding, wasn't sending me information like my driver's name and number. I was on at the airport from another city on Friday at 4:30 PM, frantically emailing Hans for information, when I realized my mistake--that I had booked for the next weekend. Hans was amazing. Within half an hour he had changed the Negash Lodge reservation, figured out a way to get us to Wenchi, and arranged a guide/driver for Sunday. All with a (email) smile. We so appreciated his creativity and flexibility. What could have been a mess was no problem at all (at least for us).
We thoroughly enjoyed our trip. Negash Lodge has its charms and plenty of negatives, but it was great to see lots of beautiful foliage and incredibly active monkeys. The trip to Wenchi was fantastic, and our guide was very solicitous of my traveling companion, who had been sick.
We really lucked out, both with the timing of our visit, given the strike that started the next day, and with having Hans be so wonderful about fixing the complications caused by my error.

All reviews
"simien mountains"
in 6 reviews
"ethiopia tours"
in 12 reviews
"answered all our questions"
"safe hands"
"bahir dar"
"national park"
"danakil depression"

Reviewed 11 February 2018

I am the sort of person who books things last minute, and never normally use a tour company as I like to free-style. But as this was my first time in Ethiopia, I decided to go with Hans and co as their expertise and advice would (and did) prove invaluable.
The organisation and knowledge was brilliant, and they took care of flights, hotels and questions I had - and I was in safe hands throughout. The guides and drivers were friendly, knowledgeable and punctual - the Simien mountains was the highlight for me. If you need a reliable and insightful tour of Ethiopia, definitely go with Boundless!

1  Thank Phantom_Raccoon
Reviewed 29 January 2018

I have just had 9 days on tour with Boundless, it was excellent. Very professional, excellent time keeping, lovely guides, safe drivers and so well organized. Highly recommend them and will use them again.

1  Thank clare r
Reviewed 27 January 2018

We travelled for four weeks with Boundless Ethiopia Tours. We concentrated on the south, where we visited the tribes of the Omo valley, camped in villages and witnessed ceremonies. We then spent a few days in the Bale mountains.

In the planning stage, owner Hans helped us a lot with suggestions that fit our wishes. On our arrival, he met with us in the hotel, a personal touch we really appreciated. Travel mishaps, like our luggage not arriving on the plane and a hotel closing down, were solved professionally.

On the road, we travelled with a well maintained landcruiser and a very good driver. Our driver Esayas was punctual, experienced, and knew a lot about the region (not only the people, also the animals, especially birds). With his quiet, slightly introvert character, good cheer, great service, and sense of humor we found him easy to get on with. Everything on the way was well arranged. From local guides to arranging ceremonies for us to witness, to the camping gear and the very good camping food. There was even a table cloth for the camping table!

We recommend Boundless Tours to anyone wishing to travel in Ethiopia!

1  Thank MariaCVD