Review Highlights

Chicago, Illinois
Local Expertise

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Roam38574379244

All reviews future trips authentic experience great guide omo valley gino continent emotional parts landscape africa gondar life country company market addis
Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I booked a tour with TIA to Omo Valley and Lalibela and it far exceeded our expectations. Right from the start, Gino was very responsive and professional. He answered all our questions prior to arrival about visa applications, safe areas in Addis, and where to exchange our money; and he gave us recommendations which regions we can visit within our timeframe and interests. The overall trip was simply amazing and visiting Omo Valley has given us a new perspective about culture. We highly recommend his services!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

As a solo traveler I often plan my own tours. However, after several conversations with Gino fro TIA I felt very comfortable with the plans for visiting the northern regions of Ethiopia. The TIA teams from Bahir Dar, Gonda and Lalibela made my visit memorable. I look forward to a future tour with TIA.

Reviewed 26 September 2018

I have been traveling with TIA through the Amhara region (Bahir Dar, Gondar, Simien Mountains and Lalibela). An UNIQUE experience!! Gino is not only a tour operator but a real travel mate!!!

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Had a great tour with Gino during New Year. The tour was customized to my interest & had a beautiful balance. Gino has a passion for people that is unmatched. Great guide!

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Ethiopia is a unique country blessed with scenic landscapes, diverse culture, long history and hospitable people. It is imperative to visit HER with a guide that embodies the skills necessary to properly show you what matters. Gino@TIA is such a person. Extensive knowledge, communication skill, keen sense of direction, humor and enthusiasm are qualities the differentiate him from others. His love for Africa, i.e. MOTHERLAND - is contagious.

I strongly recommend traveling with him. You may end up catching the African-Mojo

Reviewed 29 August 2018

This was my second time traveling with TIA, going to Danakil Depression and Afar Region, followed by a safari in Kenya and it was simply incredible, as expected! I asked for a very specific itinerary which TIA quickly put together. Gino and his people have a fun and can-do attitude and went above and beyond to make our experience unforgettable! We will definitely book many more Africa trips with Gino in the future. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

I had a great time with Gino and my family in south Omo Valley. He showed us the best of that part of Ethiopia. Visiting different tribes with a local, easy going and amazing guide was so interesting and fun. He explained us everything about how people live down there and we joined every single place and moment. We tried new experiences and food and way of living. He’s been so protective and a caring person. We will never forget this trip and Gino and we really hope he’s gonna be our tour guide for many more trips around Africa!

Reviewed 29 June 2018

Gino and his staff were amazing. They truly showed us the best of Ethiopia in the short amount of time we had (4 days). We visited various historic sites in Addis Ababa and Lalibela during our visit. All of the guides and the coordination of our trip was beautifully coordinated. We ate delicious food, experienced cultural shows, explored historic sites, and delighted in what Ethiopia has to offer. We're already planning to return in 2019 with friends.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

I had the pleasure to travel with Gino and TIA on multiple occasions - visiting the North of Ethiopia, Lalibela, Gondar, Bahir Dar, etc. However my Omo Valley experience with Gino was my absolute favorite travel/learning experience. The most important thing for me when traveling for a cultural experience, is the perspective and the social responsibility of the person who is guiding me, because you are entering someone elses space which needs to be treated with respect, responsibility, and care. When traveling with Gino there is no question about these things because he has such a deep love for his continent and his people which shines through when traveling with him. He is super knowledgable about Omo Valley tribal cultures which he can frame in western ways of thinking to answer all the questions. Gino is well connected all around the country which gave me access into spaces, I otherwise wouldn't have had. I feel that the terminology of "guide" does not really capture what he does, I felt like he is more of an anthropologist, educator, and overall great human being to travel with! I am looking forward to traveling with him again on the continent in the future. I highly recommend him!

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

I was working in Chad and decided to visit Ethiopia on short notice. I had about ten days to cover the country. I contacted Gino with very short notice and within twelve hours, I had a tour around Addis, to Lalibela and Omo Valley scheduled with his company. I love to photograph so he created an itinerary suited to that and I learned from him, too. In this trip to Africa, I covered Ghana, Chad and Ethiopia. Gino’s connection to people in Ethiopia made it the greatest experience of my trip. I would definitely contact him again for future trips to the continent.