“Top grilled steak and bacalhau”

Vasku's Grill Vila Alice
Ranked #30 of 174 Restaurants in Luanda
Cuisines: Portuguese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

Homely decor, decent prices and one of the best steaks in luanda. Try to get the sauce on the side or you will find your steak swimming in cream.

Reviewed 17 July 2016

Vasku's Grill Vila Alice

Situated next to the market Near independence square/ Vila Alice…

We had steak, Camarao Mocambicana (Prawn curry and rice) and Grilled Lula…

Grilled Lula was soft/tender with lot of flavors – awesome.

Steak better you be lucky with what you want – order accordingly what you require – well cooked or half cooked. And check before you start having it…if not as per what you ordered then they will re do it for you..This happens often here

Camarao Moacambicana – the most popular dish in the menu – and seems to be the only Indian kind of dish (not really Indian)..Though I (Indian) did not like but the others liked it. ..Worth trying.

Very limited options are available for Sobramesa…tried all available options in different visits…to me, not worth even trying.

Service –few days experienced very good service and other days just ok…billing is always slow and need to remind them always.

This restaurant is run by two Portuguese brothers (always present) and dishes are very Portuguese…very known for Grilled steak and Camarao Mocambicana (rice with prawn curry)…

Reviewed 11 April 2016

I know the place since 2011, I ate there many times, and I recommended Vasku's to many people as a fine place to eat. I was there last month within a group of 10 and everything was OK - gess what, we all had picanha and it was fine!
Last Saturday, I ordered picanha for two. It took them an eternity to serve us, my wife and me. At least four costumers in two different tables, were served and left the restaurant before us.
In the starters section of the menu there is a salad which is stated to have fruits... yes, there were a few small pieces of apple!
When finally, after several requests, the 6 thin slices of picanha came to the table, it was too hard and overdone. We had asked it to be rarely done so, we sent it back to the kitchen. Instead of apologizing, the manager, came to us with bad manners. He wanted to discuss the difference between rarely done and VERY rarely done...!
- We couldn't believe that we were being preached about how to ask for picanha!
We asked for rice and black beans as garnish, but we were served chips.
When the second VERY rarely done picanha arrived, instead of the former 6 thin slices there were only 4, less done than the first set, but still hard to chew.
Nobody seemed to care, we were not asked if it was OK.
After another complaint, the waiter came with his hands full of used dishes with the leftovers from a table behind me, left it on the top of our table and vanished looking for the sides for our meal.
When the rice and the black beans finally arrived - no salt, no taste whatsoever.
I was celebrating my 28th marriage anniversary... and for that purpose I had chosen Vasku's.
What a deception!

Reviewed 29 February 2016 via mobile

Had lunch and dinner in this restaurant. Picanha was just as good as you will get in Brazil. Steaks were cooked to perfection, sauces were delicious and portions are very generous. Having heard about the prices in Luanda I was surprised to find the price was very fair considering the excellent quality. Service was also very good and Nilo in particular took care of our group to everyone's satisfaction. I will be a regular customer. Nice welcome to Luanda!

Reviewed 26 October 2015

This restaurant has the best steak in Luanda
The chips used to be the best, but they are loosing quality, they are not yet frozen ones, but for any reason they are not the top quality they used to be.
Atmosphere is great