All reviews guest house accept credit cards african dinner stayed here for nights rooms are big place to stay taxi ride helicopter flight rooms are clean guesthouse activities town zimbabwe 3km taxis falls accommodation
Reviewed 29 October 2015 via mobile

Our stay at the Victoria Falls was a wonderful and unforgettable event thanks to Hartmut, the owner of the accommodation. Hartmut made us feel as we would visit a close friend. He was super friendly and helped us with everything and gave us very useful information. We enjoyed his hospitality a lot. The modern and clean accommodation is in walking distance to the Victoria Falls.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2015

as a stop over to the magnificent Victoria falls it was very welcome,the outdoor pool
was refreshing , the food okay and tasty , very basic accommodation,great staff
cold drink's and cold beer ,an update would do wonders,but understandable under the
country's circumstances, the potential is enormous ,and should evolve with time..

Room Tip: all rooms have the same quality
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2015

Stayed here for two nights at the end of our tour to neighbouring countries. Rooms are minimalistic. The staff, especially Kathrin, were helpful and phoned for taxis when we needed them. Breakfast was good with eggs cooked to order but dinner was pricey for what it was. The pool was clean and very welcoming. Sadly the shower was totally useless with only a trickle of cold water. Make sure you have cash to settle the final bill, otherwise it is a fair walk into town and back. I would look for alternative accommodation if ever I visited VF again.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HELEN H
Reviewed 2 October 2015

I concur 100% with ffrige's August 2015 review. This place is very basic. The rooms reminded us of college dorm rooms with the most basic furnishings. Our room was poorly lit. We had two lamps in the sleeping are, but the bulb of one was burned out. We had two bulbs in the bathroom area, but one of those was burned out. There is no wi-fi available in the rooms, but it is available in the pool/restaurant area. The place is advertised as a bed and breakfast, but you have no choice of options for the hot breakfast. It was the same each morning during our stay - one egg, one piece of bacon, one piece of toast. They accept cash only at check-out. There is nothing within walking distance of the hotel. We were told at check-in that someone could call a taxi for us anytime we needed one. The national park opens at 06:00, and I wanted to catch sunrise at the falls on my final day. At 05:45 I asked a staff member to call a taxi. He was not able to call a taxi, because his personal pre-paid cell phone had no credit. He advised me that I must wait until the morning staff arrived at 06:00. I waited until 06:00 when two other staff member showed up, but they were also out of phone credits and unable to call a taxi. I wait for longer for another person to arrive, and he was finally able to make the call using his personal phone. I am not sure why a hotel would not have an office phone readily available for staff to use in these type situations.

This really is a budget facility offering the barest essentials. I would not stay again at the same price. I feel that it needs to be priced at least 30% less to offer any value. I am certain you can find similar for better price, or you can find better for the same price.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank HMTravel1
HartmutO, Owner at Amadeus Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2015

We thank you for taking your time reviewing Amadeus. Please allow me as the owner to make a few corrections. We are not a hotel and do not operate a 24 hour reception. We make no false promises and since opening advertise ourselves as a bed and breakfast with personal service. As you mentioned at check-in we provide all information regarding the stay in Victoria Falls and we arrange all tours and necessary transfers: in advance. A night guard is not allowed to call you a taxi at 05.45 as we only use drivers we know personally for the safety of our guests.

I need to point out that we surely do not offer college dorm rooms as these are not equipped with en-suite bathrooms, have teak furniture and hotel quality mattresses, a safe and international power plugs. We are sorry that two bulbs were burned out. In all fairness we would have replaced them within a few minutes if only you had told us. Visitors coming from the developed world often do not have the information that we in Zimbabwe face a lot of electricity outages that affect the lifespan of all electric equipment.
We always provide a full English hot breakfast, juice, fresh fruit salad, real freshly ground coffee or choice of tea, eggs to order and plenty of toast. No guest should leave the table being hungry, there is always more food on request.

Reviewed 22 August 2015

For that price we were definitely expecting different standards. The rooms are very basic, although clean. The food is mediocre. Wifi does not work from the room, only in the restaurant/pool area. It is so frustrating for those who need it. They do not take credit cards at check out. It's quite a walk to town and back, definitely take a taxi in the evening. I would stay here again only for half the rate.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple