“Perfect for Everyday”
Review of Zambezi House

Zambezi House
Price range: USD 5 - USD 17
Description: In Victoria Falls within one of Zimbabwe’s Unesco declared World Heritage areas, alongside the shoreline of a world iconic river lies Zambezi House - Restaurant and Bar. The NEW all-time eating house and favourite hang-out emulates the vibrant cultures of African markets and social scenes, whilst showing off the modern trends of “cafe life styles" found in the modern and thriving metropolises of African cities. The epic setting attracts those traveling and wishing to enjoy a mouth-watering meal in the company of a well-balanced mix of locals and fellow travellers from different corners of the world. Whilst some enjoy the ambience of the Zambezi River flowing past and use it as a day's office, other’s will meet at the Lemington's Bar for cocktails or a local beverage at sunset. Families frequent its green lawns and enjoy wood-fired pizza as picnics in the outdoor spaces where the weather is mostly balmy, surrounded by local wildlife such as hippos and warthogs.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My first evening in Victoria Falls landed my friend and I at Zambezi House, at the suggestion of one of the locals. It was the best decision I made the whole trip as it set the tone for my entire holiday. We enjoyed our dinner outside near the cool Zambezi River bank, under the night sky. One touch that I had never seen at any restaurant I had ever dined at, was the provision of mosquito-repellent spray for their diners. I found that to be incredibly thoughtful. We had a good portion of ribs platter to share, including a quarter chicken with chips (that we also shared - because we couldn't decide on ONE meal!). We then spent the rest of the evening chatting away under the night sky, with the waiting staff patient & cordial the whole evening - giving us space and service in equal measures. By the time we planned to leave, as we walked through the restuarant, we were drawn in by the good music, suitable for a December evening jol. We ended up only leaving at closing time.
The rest of the holiday, a day couldn't pass without us dropping in for a coffee or a lunch meal. The staff is so open and helpful in telling you about the area and suggesting what you could do. I personally loved the atmosphere and the aethetics of the place. It has a unique architecture and every piece in the place, looks like it was well thought of before being placed.
Day & Night, the restaurant enchants you and you can feel the warmth of the people of Zimbabwe through each meal and interaction with the place. I could never get enough of the scenery that it provides.

The only time I found myself downcast is on my last day in Victoria Falls, with the thought that I can't take pack up the place into my suitcase back to South Africa with me. I'm yet to visit a place that drew me in the Zambezi House has.

If you are looking for a homey, vibey and eccentric place to keep coming back to daily while in Victoria Falls, make your way to Zambezi House.

2  Thank Refilwe R

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We were there with the kids on a movie night,the food was good but the service was slow,maybe because it was busy,big up Vinnnie for a good service!!!! my friends loved their Long Island cocktails....epic movie!!!‍♂️‍♂️

1  Thank Eugene M
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We've had the best cappuccino in the whole of Zimbabwe. Super nice location to chill out at the water. Nice selection of beers. Friendly service.

2  Thank Thom A
Reviewed 23 March 2018

The atmosphere is really exceptional, and modern. We had terrific meals, food was well done, and the service was great. I highly recommend Zambezi House compared to a few other older traditional places to eat in Vic Falls

1  Thank jeanetteaprilwil2017
Reviewed 18 March 2018

Nicely located right by the Zambezi River. The menu is a bit limited but I enjoy their meals. They also have a coffee spot with goodies. A conducive environment to bring kids