“Fine water-hole in central downtown”
Review of Union Cafe

Union Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Union Coffee offers one of town's best espressos, good quality (if somewhat overpriced) light meals Western style, and tasteful and calm surroundings amidst the most bustling part of Moshi. That I rate it somewhat lower than last time is mainly due to the fact that it is no longer one of a kind. At present there are a number of joints that offer similar advantages at some or lower prices. All the same- worth stepping in if you're around!

Reviewed 3 July 2017

After 5 days of camping & enduring instant coffee for my caffeine addiction this place was like heaven! The coffee shop is in a lovely colonial style building built in 1939 and has been very nicely renovated. The staff are great and the coffee is even better. I like to try new places when I visit somewhere but knowing the quality of the coffee here I went back 3 times in 2 days... I also arranged a tour to the Materuni coffee growing village and waterfall hike from here.

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

We visited this place when I was in Tanzania.
It is a very nice place where you can hangout with friends and family

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

It is a nice place to visit when you are in Tanzania.
I went there with my family.
They have realy nice Coffee and staff are very friendly.

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Open since 1931 as a co-operative coffee establishment, the historic building, located on a corner, is perfect for sitting out on the verandah eating great food, sipping fantastic coffee and watching the every day happenings of Moshi pass. We had afternoon coffee, breakfast and lunch here...loved it every time!
We also bought handmade scrub by hair sands and headbands made by the local deaf community. A real treasure!!!