All reviews rooms face four poster bed colonial style small pool small hotel indian dishes lovely hotel air conditioning quiet area clean rooms ceiling fan the ground floor business trip breakfast buffet internet access late check restaurant staff
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I had the privilege to stay a few days at Protea Courtyard. I am thankful for the experience.
The place has the air and charm of times past, but with a modern twist and excellence.
The rooms are moderate in size but well equipped and with a comfortable bed. Clean and tidy. And lol and behold a copy of Daily News hangs at your door every morning!
The breakfast buffet is rich. And generally the food is excellent.
The courtyard is a small but well kept garden with a mini pool.
The warm smiles and professionalism of the staff is uplifting.
If your budget allows, please try out Protea Courtyard!

Date of stay: March 2018
DinishAntony, Group General Manager, Protea Hotels by Marriott ( Dsm/Znz) at Protea Hotel Dar es Salaam Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear Jan-Erik N

Thank you for staying with us and taking time to share your experience here on trip advisor. I am delighted that you had a great stay and the STAFF made sure that you are comfortable. I will share your feedback with them. We look forward to host you again soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I enjoyed every bit and the food was indeed full of flavor!The staff made sure we were comfortable!The ambiance is exquisite, to say the least, and the rooms clean and very warm and shuts away all the noise while providing great lighting.

Dear Donald O

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Very pleasant hotel with friendly staff. The cuisine was excellent and the restaurant staff attentive - delicious meals, especially the Indian dishes! Good coffee and well chosen wines as well. A conveniently placed hotel and very quiet. I would certainly return - with pleasure.

Room tip: I had a room beside the pool which suited me well.

Dear florahelen

Reviewed 23 March 2018

I stayed in a room in the ground floor but since I was away most of the day, this was not a great problem. However, I would recommend upper floors for those who want a view. The rooms are spacious, clean and air-conditioned. There is a Tv with DSTV channels free and WiFi very strong and free. There is a small fridge with soft drinks but you pay for those

Room tip: Choose the upper floors if you need a view

Dear Benson S

Thank you for staying with us and taking time to share your experience here on trip advisor. I am delighted that you had a great stay. We look forward to host you again soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Hotel is located in a calm area. Location is 15km to airport and 3.5km to downtown. Building and hotel equipments are a bit old but they are all ok, in good looking and serving without any problem. Room was large enough, clean and nice. Hotel's welcome gifts was lovely. There is free wifi at hotel and it is enough to do your basic needs on web. The hotel's restaurant serve for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I had dinner and lunch and there were both quite nice. Hotel design creates a yard in the middle. Yrad includes pool, sun beds and tables with all, it is really a nice area. I have to note that hotel doesn't have an elevator but it is a low-floor hotel anyway.

1  Thank mustdent