“International hotel that exceeds expectations”

Hyatt Regency Dar es Salaam, The Kilimanjaro
Ranked #1 of 96 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
Reviewed 28 July 2017

This is a well-run, incredibly comfortable hotel. The staff is attentive. The facilities modern, clean, and up-to-date. Our room had a view of the sea that was well worth the extra few dollars we spent. The breakfast is a real highlight. ATM machine in lobby. Safe, secure. No complaints. Of course, international hotels are international hotels. While inside, you won't know if you are in Paris, LA, Chicago, London, Dar or Rio. Is that a good thing? It is if that is what you are looking for. I don't generally look for that, but for that purposes of this trip, it was necessary. And so I was more than satisfied. I will add that this is a great place for a conference. Excellent facilities for many people.

Room Tip: 6th floor has club room
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Hyatt Regency D... T, Executive Administrative Assistant to GM at Hyatt Regency Dar es Salaam, The Kilimanjaro, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Dear whaw,
Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful review about your stay with us through trip advisor.
We truly appreciate your kind words about our staff, hotel facilities and services. I am glad we could meet your needs and expectations.
It’s feedback such as yours, which motivates the entire team to strive towards excellence. We will certainly pass on your feedback to the team.
Thank you and look forward to seeing you soon.
With best regards,
Hyatt Regency Dar es Salaam.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Dar es Salaam, The Kilimanjaro

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Third stay at Hyatt in my last three business trips to Dar es Salaam. Always an outstanding experience. Enjoyed staff professionalism, courtesy and availability. Excellent facilities include well equipped gym, swimming pool and spa.
Rich and varied choice of food both for breakfast and lunch/dinner with ingredients and dishes up to the hotel standards.
The hotel always looks for ways to make my stay as enjoyable as possible, as a valued member of World of Hyatt reward programme.
I recommend it without hesitation.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Dear Lorenzo_tosini,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and for making our hotel your second home when you're in Dar es Salaam. Your continued support of our hotel is sincerely appreciated and we certainly look forward to your next visit. Thank you for your good comments about our staff, facilities and food, I am happy that you enjoyed your stay.
We thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel. The pool area is very nice and food was good there too. We ate in the oriental which is pricey for Tanzania but very nice. The roof bar terrace gives a great view of harbour. Service is good and pretty much all drinks available. Rooms are very close to needing renovation. I would definitely stay here again

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear Trishap6,
Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and looking forward to seeing you soon.
Also, I take a note of your comment about guest rooms. I am pleased to inform you that our hotel is currently under renovations and I hope you will enjoy the improvements once the renovations are completed.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Not happy at end.
Had to go collect my bags st airport
Could have been stolen
Very unhappy and stressful exp
Not happy that that happened to me as I nearly missed my flight
My bags could have been stolen

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Hyatt Regency D... T, Executive Administrative Assistant to GM at Hyatt Regency Dar es Salaam, The Kilimanjaro, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear mial609,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay at our hotel
I would like to apologize for the distressful experience you had during your stay with us, particularly the issue of your two bags which by mistake was sent to the airport with another group of people. I am sorry to have put you in an anxiety situation, it was completely our mistake. The matter has been taken up with the concerned department head and staff concerned and I can assure you that corrective action has been initiated.
I do hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel and if there is anything that we may assist with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

With kind regards,