“Magical at night”

Mbalamwezi Beach Club
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Mbalamwezi is beautiful at night, the stars and the ocean and the sand makes it all complete and beautiful. This is a perfect hand out place for friends who want to have a day out and enjoy to the maximum.

All reviews
"zorro"
"dj"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 7 March 2017

went there last week with many of my colleagues for an annual get-together. the location is very nice but the quality of the food left a lot to be desired. In addition, our buffet was nearly an hour late. Would think twice about coming back her to eat again

1  Thank Ali V
Reviewed 15 February 2017

I had a wonderful time eating here with two of my friends. We were all very pleased with our food, and it is located by the beach. We enjoyed feeling the breeze of the ocean while eating. We went at Lunch time so it was very peaceful. Your bags will be checked as you come in, and you are not allowed to bring even a small water in the place.

Reviewed 9 January 2017

I've had a couple great nights out here at the Mbalamwezi Beach Club. And in general I like the place. However my most recent experience was very poor. I wanted to walk through the beach club in order to get to the actual beach because access to the beach is hard to come by. I asked politely to walk through and was treated very poorly by the guards who thought they owned the beach. They kept calling it a private beach. My understanding is that no company is allowed to own a part of the beach, or build any permanent structures on that beach, they have to be a certain distance away. And while I understand the beach club is their private property, I don't think asking to walk through to the beach is a crazy ask.

1  Thank Matthew H
See more reviews
Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

Entrance was a little weird. Apperently they needed to check and go through our all bags before we could enter.. Own smalle bottle of water not allowed and guards did not speak english at all. All of which did not make us feel very welcome at first.

We visited on friday, was pretty quiet. It was possible to sit in the shade on the beach, with a nice sea view!

Food was okay and reasonably priced. We had calamari and pepper steak. Fries above Tanzanian standard. Timing was not briliant: starter came at the same time as the main dish.

At the moment we wanted to pay, they just witheld 2000 Ts.. Probably as a tip or something.. well I think it is quite rude just to take money of someone. Maybe I would have given them a tip myself, but this was a real weird move.. Experienced this at another restaurant in Dar es Salaam as well, not really visitors-friendly..

Beach was really pretty, not dirty at all (compared to other beaches). It was fun looking at the peninsula and all the crabs being very very busy!

1  Thank teamcheers