Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
All reviews private shower shared toilet one night boroughs demolished rue key bed facilities morocco
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 October 2019

I arrived at the hotel quite late and received a warm welcome. The staff were very helpful and kind when I arrived and throughout my stay, the receptionist spoke perfect English. After I checked in I was shown to my room given the WiFi password and my key.

The room was lovely, the sheets on the bed were really nice! I was shocked at how comfortable the bed was in a hotel at this price and there were extra blankets in the wardrobe as well. The WiFi was perfect. My room had a private shower and sink, with a shared toilet a few steps down the hall. The Hotel is situated right beside the Tangerinn, I stayed on a Saturday and could hear the muffled music from my room.

I really liked how helpful the staff were and I liked the location, if you are coming because of the hotels literary history, they have photos of Burroughs and the beatnik generation of Tangier and you'll enjoy the neighboring Tangierinn.

The bed and linen were great, I've been in Morocco two months now and it was the best sleep I had in ages. Amazing value for the price and great location in the city.

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank TheStudentExplorer
Reviewed 24 July 2019 via mobile

Stayed there one night. Great location close to pretty much everything. We had a nice clean room on the second floor with a nice shower and a clean shared bathroom. Personnel was polite and nice, would recommend.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2019

I have to caveat this by saying that I didn't actually stay here in the end, but I had booked and paid for my room online. I arrived as planned and was given room 7, one of two rooms on the top floor that overlook the roof terrace, which has wonderful views down to the beach and across the bay. However, when I arrived at the room, I realised that whilst it had a private shower, the toilet was separate, and down the hall. I do like my creature comforts, even when I've paid for budget accommodation, so I went back to the reception desk to see if there were any other rooms available. There were none, and I had the last available room. So I asked if I could cancel my reservation as I wanted to stay elsewhere instead. The guy on reception said he would call the owner to come and sort things out. A while later, the lady owner arrived, a lovely lady who was keen to resolve the issue. She pointed out that the room I had chosen on booking.com was specified as having a "private shower", although I said that I hadn't realised that meant that it didn't also have a private toilet (I had assumed, rightly or wrongly, that having a private shower meant that it would also come with everything else you'd expect of a private bathroom). She understood, and agreed to refund what I had already paid for my stay.

Having by now made a quick online booking at an alternative hotel for the night, the guy on reception said he would call a taxi to get me there, so I went outside to wait for it. But minutes later, he came out to tell me that the owner wanted to drive me there herself!! What amazing service - not only had she lost the cost of that room for the night (I do hope she got another last minute reservation...), but she was also kind enough to drive me to another hotel! I was stunned, but delighted!

As for the hotel itself, here are some impressions from my brief stay. The building was obviously at one time a private home, and is the reason it seems that many people choose to stay there (as did I), due to its literary connections. I arrived to find the front door locked - I knocked, but got no response. Fortunately a couple who were also staying there arrived back just as I was trying to figure out how to get in. They pointed out the doorbell that is quite high up on the wall, to the right of the door. But as they had a key, they let me in. The hotel is basic, and has no facilities to offer breakfast. There is of course no lift/elevator, so be careful on the marble stairs if you struggle to lift your luggage. From what I saw of my room, it was bright, airy and clean. The blue painted furniture added a splash of brightness to what would otherwise be quite a stark environment. As I said, the views down to the sea from the top floor are great.

The area around the hotel isn't the most visually appealing - there was obviously another building opposite at one time that has since been demolished, but not yet replaced. But don't let that put you off, it didn't feel dangerous, and is convenient for the beach, Medina and the new part of town.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 April 2016

looks like writers know how to choose hotels. we took room 8 with private shower and shared WC. the room was at the terrace with nice views; really peaceful and clean. did not feel that the neighboorhood was unsafe... would aboslutely come here again

Room tip: room 8 is not noisy and has nice views
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Athina M
Reviewed 26 October 2015

Really nice place to stay, some days it might get a little noisy from the club that's right next to hotel. Choose room 4 you ll get the best view! The owner is really kind and helpful for everything!!

Date of stay: October 2015