All reviews great hotel jazz bar bath amenities main town coffee machine stayed one night good size visiting tangier morocco maid balconies taxis medina
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel is situated in a great aria with wonderful views. Everything is so clean and organized from the arrival to the departure of the hotel. The spa center is great, you will not miss anything whether you are on holiday with family or business stay. Smiling staff of professionals. Congratulations to all involved. I will certainly visit the hotel again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 February 2018

We had a really nice four-night stay at this hotel - to start with the positives, the room was very clean, well maintained and comfortable with a lovely view of the sea and Tangier in the distance. Tea and coffee making facilities were provided.The breakfast was fantastic, big variety and lovely fresh pastries (although they could do with updating their coffee machine). The staff were courteous, helpful and friendly. The big lobby area had a very glamorous and luxurious feel. I never got to try the spa but I wish I'd had a chance to! The outdoor pool looked lovely but it was too cold in January for us to use it.
The negatives are less to do with the hotel and more to do with the area - the hotel is some distance from town and surrounded by half-finished building projects, not very attractive. There's really nothing to do within walking distance (we hired a car so it wasn't a problem and I expect taxis are reasonably cheap, but still, it felt a bit isolated). There is a beach five minutes walk away but our experience of that was ruined by the heaps and heaps of litter everywhere - it was really shocking.
As regards the hotel I only have a couple of small criticisms - they overuse their cleaning products and the smell of them is quite overpowering sometimes, especially in the communal areas. Smoking is allowed in the building, but we're not accustomed to that - it never occurred to us to request a non-smoking room, and the smell of stale smoke was quite unpleasant (although it did wear off after a while).
On the whole a luxurious and comfortable place to stay when visiting Tangier, convenient for the airport, with lovely views - we had a great time.

Room Tip: If you want a non-smoking room you must specify it when you book - smoking in public buildings is allowed here!
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helen T
Reviewed 2 January 2018

Having stayed at the deplorable Farah hotel in Rabat the previous night, I dreaded poor accommodations. But I was pleasantly surprised. Buffet was good, rooms much better. Hotel has a stench of stale cigarette smoke, and although the staff insisted that the rooms are nonsmoking (really, there is an ashtray in the room), they refused to switch my room in the evening. This was alleviated by sleeping with the door to the balcony open.

Did not have any issues with noise.

Location is very good.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 December 2017

Large rooms and bathrooms with decent amenities. All rooms have balconies overlooking ocean. Not much around the hotel as still a lot of new construction. About 10-15 minutes drive to old medina with traffic. Breakfast buffet is good with wide variety and wonderful pastries and breads however food is not kept very hot even on warming trays. Only complaint is the shower. It’s a high step in bath but issue is the spray hose won’t spray down, pressure is high and causes it to spray water through out bathroom. Other issue is the hot water will suddenly go scalding every 45 seconds so you have to be careful not to get yourself burned. You start to figure out the timing and ensure not spraying on you at those intervals. Also watch out for the ATM machine in the lobby, it ate my husbands ATM card as it was rebooting, quite a hassle to get it back.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Stayed here because my company has preferred rate. The setting is breathtaking as it overlooks the sea with Tangier in the distance. The hotel itself has a very unique style (kind of Vegas-like lobby). Service was a bit strange. Checked in and was told to sit down while they check me in. 45 minutes later I asked what was going on and they finally finished my check in. Then, I had to ask several times for my passport to be returned. Arrived to my room only to have to ask the maid for towels. Ocean-front room, pretty spacious. Has mini-bar, nice balcony, plenty of bath amenities. Ate at one of the restaurants twice and food and wine very good. Service a little timid. Breakfast buffet offered daily. Room service was quick and efficient. Had a glass of wine in the bar one evening (they allow smoking everywhere) and the bar waitress was rude, saying I had to have my room pre-authorized to charge a drink (mind you, I charged 2 meals and room service to my room, no problem). Then, I asked for laundry to be done using their same-day express service and they forgot about it. I did receive it later that night after going out with my team for dinner but I was worried I wouldn't receive it before checking out the next morning. They seem to have a lot of tour groups come in and out.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean-front room
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business